Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New here - Knee pain?

Rate this question

Tim_RVA

Question

New here, been reading thru a bunch in the past few days. USMC 93-99, 2.5yrs at 2/2 (6mos on USS Guam), 2.5yrs at CBIRF (5x Anthrax shots), MOS 2818 Computer Tech, which at an infantry unit means radio operator. I tend to avoid doctors and never really thought of VA for any medical issues. However, a colleague of mine mentioned something that got me thinking maybe I should pursue. My knees seem to be normal wear and tear for a 40yo, but they are getting worse. I've read thru some of the posts and most reference range of motion. I don't think I have an issue there, but going up/down stairs, getting in/out of car and going from sitting to standing is painful. I don't have any injuries to reference, no post military sports or anything either. Is this something that could be considered service connected to the rigors of USMC boot camp, PT or infantry unit 25mile humps, etc?

Meddac, I no longer reply any post that this vet has replied to.....even if I feel I could have helped someone in the thread.

Except for today.

I went through stuff like this with him myself..........

When I came to hadit about 20 years ago there were a few here trying desperately to get me so fed up I would not return.

It happened to me at VBN too but that's OK, I don't have time for that site or for adversity here.

I don't know why some members  try to push others off sites like ours.

Then again I was in a volunteer fire department for 8 years and it was the same freaking way.....pushy out the newbies...

(the future of hadit depends on newbies....us older folks wont be here forever....

I do have my medical records. Someone had given me the good wisdom to copy them before I left.

Nothing in my records regarding knee issues. Slight hearing loss (5) from first audiometry(sp) to last, asbestos exposure, anthrax shots, rhinoplasty... nothing else that stands out.

Medac, I for one appreciate all that you can do, weather its an opinion or not.  We all can use the help from anybody that has any background in this broken system.  TY for your help!!!