VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This could begin a new VA backlog

Rate this question

Meddac

Question

If VA adds bladder cancer to the list of conditions presumptive to Agent Orange exposure then it could spell backlog (and Nehmer) once again for VA. Possibly a smaller backlog, but nonetheless a backlog. It's currently under review by VA once again.

https://www.propublica.org/article/vietnam-vets-push-va-to-link-bladder-cancer-to-agent-orange

I know there are many different pushes to have conditions or service areas added, but in my experience with VA they will attempt to take the smaller groups first. Go figure.

Meddac

Thank you for your insight.  It sounds like we mostly agree.  I dont have VA experience but I do have about 9 years hadit.com experience, plus 14 years experince dealing with VA as I actually applied in 2002.  

There is a question I see over and over again, that Vets ask.  I will ask it in a seperate topic so I dont hijack your post.  

Buck those were the original AO diseases, circa...1991???forget when

and I know of VERY few vets who satisfied the PN reg at that time as well as the Chloracne reg ( James Cripps first CONUS AO vet did)  and a friend of my husband's ,who works for DOD, definitely had Chloracne, in my opinion, from his Vietnam service, and from what he said was in his SMRs,

but never filed a claim for it. I don't know the date for addition of PTC.

As Chuck correctly stated, PN , with medical evidence of the association, can be service connected to diabetes and heart disease and stroke ,even if they are SCed under a non- AO  theory of entitlement.

A real doctor would also consider ruling in or out PAD (peripheral arterial disease ) as well, as that is rated separately from PN, if the etiology is also service connectable.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes your right Ms Berta  As Usual. :smile:

Thanks

...............Buck