Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I need help understanding my C&P exam!

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

Hello everyone,

I need help with the results of my C&P exam. I had it 2 weeks ago, and received the report yesterday. Can someone help me understand the outcome? Will I be awarder a disability rating? Or will I be denied? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Osccore9

Just now, Buck52 said:

Congratulations Osccore9 

...................Buck

Thanks for all the advice Buck, helped me in a great way. I have a question for you. They are sending the decision package tomorrow Aug 4, how long will it take for me to get retro pay? Also, I opened my claim on Dec 07, 2015. Will they back pay me from that date? Thanks in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your Welcome  anytime my friend.

You may check your Bank ACCOUNT your RETRO should be there..unless it's over 25000.00  then it may take a couple weeks.

if you don't get it in a few days call the 1-800# pronto  and check the status.

Enjoy.

...............................Buck

Just now, Buck52 said:

Your Welcome  anytime my friend.

You may check your Bank ACCOUNT your RETRO should be there..unless it's over 25000.00  then it may take a couple weeks.

if you don't get it in a few days call the 1-800# pronto  and check the status.

Enjoy.

...............................Buck

I don't think it is over 25000.00, Wow so it hits the same day ebenefits posts the decision?

• HadIt.com Elder

Well they usually send the retro electronically and you have it in your account before your packet arrives....

Oh I've seen some big retro's over the years  probably the biggest one I seen was 70.000.00

My first retro was 10.000.00 and some change   ...we were eating bologna sandwiches  and  had 10 grand in the Bank & didn't know it...the packet arrived about 4 days later...so they send the retro to your Bank fast. ( ELECTRONICALLY )

We were waiting at the mailbox every day  (back then no ebenny's) so had to wait on snail mail...we had thought the retro check would be in the packet.

Great to hear that, Osccore!!! :biggrin:

I learned last week that my EED was approved, then on Saturday, the 30th, I got my letter in the mail.  Retro hit on Monday, which just so happened to be Aug. 1st, so got my regular monthly and the fat retro $ bomb at the same time.  My previous biggest retro before that was only around $1,500.00.  My EED retro was slightly better than that....9yrs 2 months better.

Just can't help to think that during that same time period I had to refinance my mortgage 2X, just to keep ahead of the bills, especially when I was laid off/unemployed for a 9 month stretch!  It really gets my blood pressure up! :angry:

On 8/3/2016 at 6:13 PM, Buck52 said:

we were eating bologna sandwiches  and  had 10 grand in the Bank & didn't know it.

:tongue:

Grats Osccore!