VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is it me or is my claim moving really fast?

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I just filed for benefits on 05/07/2016, my last C&P was on 6/15/16. Monday my application was approved and changed to preparation for decision, and my completion estimate date moved up to 07/15/2016 - 08/17/2016.  Is it me or is this going faster than I thought, I did wait until the last minute to file, I first filed a month away from my 1 year separation date. So around 11 months separated, i'm guessing it had something to do with that. As far as the estimated time, would it be closer to the 07/15, or the 8/17? 

Not sure exactly...I retired 11 years ago.  A DAV rep was at Ft McPherson during my out processing and told me she would go through my medical records and file a claim on my behalf if I gave DAV power of attorney and I did. Big mistake -after several months, I called VA and was told they had no record of a claim and DAV  denied having my records. After contacting my congressman and getting no results I contacted Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington and my records were found in less than two weeks.  I guess the claim took about two months after that  .I got the decision letter awarding me 40% but there was no mention of cervical spondylosis that was claimed.  I sent them an email asking why and received another decision letter about two weeks later awarding me 20% for the cervical spondylosis (60% total) and an apology for excluding it in the original letter.  The DAV rep missed many things in my medical records that should have been claimed.  I'm not blaming her...it was my claim.  I have learned a lot from this and other sites since then and, even though I still have a DAV rep, I have filed the last two claims and one NOD on my own.  I hope yours is decided favorably and soon.

snow,

There really is no rhyme or reason to how or why some claims breeze through in 90 days, and some go much too long.  I had one, that started when I was still on AD, and took 27 months to play out...and that was for initial decision!

Semper Fi

Snow,

yeah, hate to say it but I'm rather envious of those with short claim waits.

two weeks from now my claim will be at day 365 , and it fell back to the "review of evidence" phase (though I was sure that my case was clear as crystal) perhaps mine is just having to go higher and higher up the "approval" chain, due to the fact that i'll most undoubtedly be 100% P & T plus SMC...and possibly retro for 3x years. If my original claim had been properly executed upon DD214 (I was separated slightly early from service contract) then I wouldn't have been here in this boat. However, I'm glad I am, because now I can help other fellow Vets on their journey from all the knowledge I have received here :-)

Ebennies showing new completion date of possibly early August. Yeesh.

Edited by awgv001

Mine closed today and I'm not happy..Intent to file 25 Mar 16; filed 13 Apr 16.  At least I went from 80% to 90% but another NOD and another long wait.

Well,

I filed an original "fast" claim on May 4. There is clear evidence of SC...should be easy. Except for the VA confirming receipt, I have heard nothing...no movement.