VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Viewing C-Files at Your RO

Rate this question

Gastone

Question

While on a recent trip to the Det RO, I had occasion to try the VA "Walk-in No Appointment necessary, viewing of my C-File." I have to admit, I really didn't believe that the VA allowed Vets to review their C-Files, even with an appointment. The VA 800 Line Rep told me, that was the VA policy at all the ROs, Walk-in, 1st come 1st served. It was also confirmed by (1) VARO Det Rating Dept employee and recently by a former Det RO DRO Hearing Officer, now retired.

All (3) knowledgeable VA employees were wrong, you must make an appointment. I have to say, I agree with the rational behind the need for the appointment. Think about it, even if our C-files are now Digitized and we can view them on a computer, a VA employee has to be scheduled to be with us for the entire time.

So that's what I did, requested an appointment for a future viewing.

Semper Fi

asknod:

I could not think of anyone more  valuable besides you of having this access that would be more beneficial to the Vets Disability Claims Communities, perhaps maybe "Berta" whom has so much knowledge and credibility? Frankly, if more Vets had access to their contractor related ie, QTC and VES related CP Exams, then, I think there would be less Vet complaints about mistakes made on claims or the wait for C-Files? I just submitted my NOD and the VA accepted it with just one day to spare for the  1 year deadline? Like a fool, I kept believing just one more day and my C-File would arrive at my door so I could look at it just before I mailed the NOD package to the VA?  Frankly, many vets (like me) just want to see what the VBA Rater of C&P doctor saw when they made their decisions related to their claims decision outcomes? I still think that my handwritten service medical records are not getting reviewed like they should to help with my claims decisions? Almost everything that I was denied or low-balled earlier had the proper evidence in the handwritten smrs already. Even now, my private CP does all of his notes and records handwritten and  it' not easy to read his handwriting. But he's the best doctor that I've ever had and really takes care of me. Consequently, he recently suggested that he would sign-off on my DBQ for Hypogonadism based upon all of the evidence and studies that I presented him recently. Even with me  taking testosterone for many years..my tests still register a very low amount in my blood? Over the years, my CP has been very perplexed  by my case but once he read thru the connection of extreme Hypogonadism and the relationship to TBI and my traumatic explosion, he said my case makes a lot of sense now. I found a case almost identical to mine at hadit.com which would help and the vet was SC and rated 100% for just that. Frankly, If I get SC for this and the fact that I'm already at 90% , If it gets sc'd I may not even have to go thru the difficulties of submitting the other NOD's this year to try to get to 100%. Currently, my memory, focus and concentration problems make it very difficult for me to keep pursuing these claims and I'd like to get P&T? I'm heading to 56 years of age and based upon my conditions,  the chance of anything improving is slim to none at this point. My physical pain level has been very high and when I saw my pain doctor my BP was 100/190 despite taking 3 BP Meds (but the VBA low-balled me at 0% for SC). I later got 10% for hypertensive heart disease but even that was a hard fight.

Thanks again for your amazing Veterans Website and all that you do for us vets on a daily basis... 

Godspeed  Rootbeer22

Good luck Rootbeer22.

I enjoy you and AskNod posts on such matters.

As of 05/13/17, I haven't attempted to get back with my RO to schedule an In-person viewing of my E-File.  I did File an FOIA request end of 10/2016, shows as an open claim on E-Ben and still gathering evidence with a completion Date currently of 07/2017.                                   Semper Fi

11/2016 C-File FOIA Request update.

Received C-File CD from Records Management Center St. Louis, MO this evening 07/31/2017. Took 8 mos but beats the hell out of the 14 mos that the 1st FOIA took back in 12.

Semper Fi