VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I found a disability website that seems to be extremely accuarate and helpful if you need to know what to say at a C&P exam.

Rate this question

kent101

Question

6 answers to this question

14 hours ago, kent101 said:

I found this site and it gives the insider information needed for a C&P exam. I think it's good to coach yourself with the information before the exam. That way you don't get cheated by downplaying your disabilities.

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/vadisabilitychart.html

Why worry about "what to say"? Being honest is the best answer. It is not a scripted situation where you need to say certain things to get certain things. Being honest gets you what you deserve.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, stinger said:

Why worry about "what to say"? Being honest is the best answer. It is not a scripted situation where you need to say certain things to get certain things. Being honest gets you what you deserve.

Agree with that. I went into mine with some quick notes so I would not forget anything. Everything in my notes was backed up with evidence in my medical records.

On 7/27/2016 at 5:26 AM, stinger said:

I've heard some people downplay their disability. Some people don't understand all the factors in getting their disability pay for PTSD. That site will help them stay on point and not end up getting denied for a "personality disorder" when they have PTSD. So I think it can be helpful for vets to be honest and stay on the script they need to get the doctor to sign off on their disability. It's easy to get sidetracked and start saying unnecessary things during exams.

• HadIt.com Elder

At my PTSD  C&P the examiner mention to me that she was not going to ask me about my stressors, she said she already read about them in my records and she was not going to put me through all that again, she just ask me a few questions that took some memory on my part  like what I did when I got out of the military, did I have a fairly good childhood  no abuse of any kind, why did I have have problems loseing jobs, anyone in my family with Mental problems that I knew of,Did I graduate from High School,did I go to college, just questions like that...I had a great examiner she was nice and compassionate &understanding...Unfortunately not all C&P Examiners are like this. So just be honest with your answers is the main thing about a C&P. make sure you have any new evidence to take with you for the examiner to read  incase  that evidence is not there  and you can touch on this right before the exam is to end (if the examiner never addressed it) 

jmo

....................Buck

8 hours ago, kent101 said:

I've heard some people downplay their disability. Some people don't understand all the factors in getting their disability pay for PTSD. That site will help them stay on point and not end up getting denied for a "personality disorder" when they have PTSD. So I think it can be helpful for vets to be honest and stay on the script they need to get the doctor to sign off on their disability. It's easy to get sidetracked and start saying unnecessary things during exams.

Thanks for the post if it helps a vet why worry. VA has always lied to you and any other veteran

that's what they do. If you got a claim with the evidence file it . A lot of people go to exams

and don't have no ideal what to expect. That's why we are in appeals for claims.

Anything that could help you with your claim you might better listen and learn

Edited by RUREADY