kleinUSMC

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2016 at 10:17 PM, kleinUSMC said:

if tell the VA about the constant thought of killing myself, will the VA try to have mt gun right taken away? i know i should be more worried about my brains

., but i love my rights

No. I told my doctor I have those thoughts. He asked how I would do it. I said i'd get a cop to kill me. I still own firearms. I have always been 100% truthful with the VA and I advise you to do the same.

What you say, can and will be used against you. In your case, my lay opinion, sounds like it probably should. Sooner, rather than later. I think Drs and other MH Clinicians are now required to Drop a Dime, when presented with the issues you describe. What's your family think?

If you want to off yourself, right or wrong, US society will want to stop you. I'm just concerned about the possibility of you injuring physically or mentally, an innocent person (civilian or PO) in the process.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I know this  anytime a veteran talks about harming themself/killing them self/or harm to others...in MY MH Dept  don't take that lightly...at the VA they are put into the ward/but a Veteran can deny to go  that's the only thing.

If a Veteran ask for help its there for him.

The dude that shot & killed Navy Seal Veteran Kris Kyle   should have been taken to the ward for WATCH he refused to go and they let him go.....look at the outcome of that!

I highly recommend you get the help you obviously need for you and your family and others around you.

jmo

....................Buck

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

What you say, can and will be used against you. In your case, my lay opinion, sounds like it probably should. Sooner, rather than later. I think Drs and other MH Clinicians are now required to Drop a Dime, when presented with the issues you describe. What's your family think?

If you want to off yourself, right or wrong, US society will want to stop you. I'm just concerned about the possibility of you injuring physically or mentally, an innocent person (civilian or PO) in the process.

Semper Fi

That time in my life was hard. Near the start of my process with the VA in 2010. Point is, I didn't lose my rights to own firearms.