Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

JP-5

Rate this question

troutfinatic

Question

I am fighting the VA right now on the fact of Jp-5 ingestion while aboard the USS Saratoga cv-60. we were forced to drink freshwater laden with Jp-5 fuel. From what i have found out so far is that jet fuel dumped under the ship to be dispose of, as soon as it went into the ocean it was pickup by an aft intake tube that brought sea water in to be turned in freshwater, desalinated. it was in the drinking water( remember bug juice)?, showers, food, etc. you tasted it constantly and felt as well. this happened aboard all forrestal class carriers, and believe me i have statements from hundreds and hundreds of sailors that all remember it as well. if you have or know of any of this happening please email me or post here to read, i m running out of time with the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I doubt your records were burned up in the St Louis warehouse fires. 

in that fire it was mostly the war war II vets records.

beings that your congress people can't find your records or any help from the Federal Gov....then check out the reasonable doubt clause

When some things can't be proven then reasonable doubt goes to the Veteran  not sure this will work but how would they give an answere to that?

if you write out your lay statement in detail and get close to the dates and where you were and what happen and how you became disabled b/c of your military service & get buddy statements   ect,,,ect,,,...with no records thats about all you can do.

Also recheck your Last Service Connection Award....check the Reason and bases of that decision.

what did they say and use as evidence  to make the decision to S.C. You?

jmo

...............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

VA uses the records fire as an excuse to deny, quite often.  They have even tried it with Vets who got out of the service after 1973, and that is BS.   Here are the records which were destroyed in the 1973 NPRC fire.  

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/fire-1973.html

• HadIt.com Elder

You may try to contact the base where your unit/battalion unit is located now  and Request your Records,  Service Records as well as Medical.

Some Units from Germany and Vietnam have been dissolved...non existent , what they did with the records is any body's guess..I'm thinking there suppose to send them to St Louis during the phase out!

I was in special operations while in Vietnam  and some of my Records were classified   Had a Hard time getting some of those and some I never got.

Also I had a guy from NARPC St Louis mention to me  to contact Ft Knox Ky and have them to do a record search for your records  using your service # SS # The Records are sent there before they go to St Louis.

I did  but they never had any records there for me..the computer came back as ''NOT FOUND'' but at least the guy looked for me. who knows you might get lucky?

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!