VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Marijana For Ptsd

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I know some people feel that marijana is bad and has no medicall use. I have a appt with my va shrink on the 28th and I am thinking of telling him that I would like to try pot for my ptsd syptoms the anger being the biggest problem. The side effects of the meds that the va is giving me is killing me. Over the past 3 years my meds have been changed 4-5 times without help. I live in california and I have obtained my permit to use pot through a indepented doctor. But I also know that the federall goverment does not reconize the cal law. I have a friend that is a nam vet who is 100% p&t for ptsd and ao and he uses pot instead of the va drugs and says the same thing that the sideeffects where to much and the pot helps more than the drugs. He does not tell the va about the pot use but he still gets the va drugs to make it look like he is taking them. I would like opions about this I know this is a hot subject so all opions are welcome. thank you

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe any hospital has the right to run a Toxicity Screen as well as an Aids test on Patients.

Usually the Emergency rooms do that. They only do it if they suspect a serious life threatning illness or they are brought in by the Police following an accident and are suspected of operrating a Vehicle under the influence. Do not be taking Marijuana and get into an auto accident and Kill someone. People go to prison every day for doing the same.

I believe any hospital has the right to run a Toxicity Screen as well as an Aids test on Patients.

Usually the Emergency rooms do that. They only do it if they suspect a serious life threatning illness or they are brought in by the Police following an accident and are suspected of operrating a Vehicle under the influence. Do not be taking Marijuana and get into an auto accident and Kill someone. People go to prison every day for doing the same.

I dont drive now roadrage I let the wife do it.

Great commets on the subject I new that this subject would be divided among us here. I am tired of not being able to play with my kids becuase my sideaffects from the va meds make me feel like a zombie. And lets not forget the other sideaffects ED, no sex drive, hand tremors, weight gain, and others not yet known. And about the sex drive and ed my wife has huge problem with that and so do I. I am 33 years old but my tool feels 70. I am not saying pot is the cure all. But this is no way to live.

• In Memoriam

I haven't had drugs or alcohol for over 31 years, except what the VA has given me. Last week my new PCP ordered a drug test on me. hehehehehehehehehe. I am going to call up and ask what they found out from this test. She didn't tell me what the lab was so, I have the right to ask.

• HadIt.com Elder

Every time you get blood work or a urine test you are being screened for illegal drugs and for legal drugs at the VAMC. Whatever works for you is fine by me, but the VA will try and screw vets out of benefits if they find illegal drugs or alcohol. Alcohol they don't frown on as much but it can get you kicked out of certain programs like pain management.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am pro whatever works and even though I have never smoked a single marijuana cig if it helps a Vet I am for it.

I did my fair share of alcohol until 1982 when I found it really was not much help for living or panic.