Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finished all my C&P Exams.

Rate this question

BurnTheGalaxy

Question

Hello everybody, I'm very new to the claims process and had just submitted my claim October 20th last year. This week I was scheduled and finished all my C&P exams (3 of them). What can I expect as a wait time once the exams are finished for a decision? I've read usually within a month to couple months? VA estimated time for completion of claim is between 5/17 and 9/17. Not too sure how accurate that is considering I've already gotten my C&P exams done only 2.5 months into my claim. Also, I'm not familiar with any of the terminologies used and abbreviations. 

I'm in the VA Palo Alto health care system, not too sure if that make a difference or if the claims are rated at a central location. Also, I had my claim exams done at QTC Medical in stockton CA. I've read that you can download a copy of your exam, how does one go about doing that?

I appreciate the help everybody,

-Jaime

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You can expect to wait. Any Decision less than a Year, would generally be associated with an FDC that stayed an FDC. Did you file an FDC?

Next, you indicate you recently, this week had (3) Separate C & P Exams, at your VMC or were they QTC?

If at your VMC, the C & P DBQ's should be posted to your MHV Medical File by next Wednesday.

If your at your VMC, M or Tues, check the Med Recd Dept and get the copies of the DBQs. Otherwise start checking your MHV site today or Monday. Get the DBQ copies, redact them and post so we can see what your working with.

Your a self-proclaimed FNG to the VA claims System. Chasing your tail worrying about when you'll get a Decision is a waste of time.

Then there's  always the possibility that your Claim gets Denied, spend your available free time being productive, learning about the VA NOD and Appeal requirements and procedures, just in case.

Semper Fi

Mine was not a fully developed claim.

The C&P exams were done by QTC medical on Monday and on Wednesday this week. There is nothing yet uploaded to MyHealthevet as of yet. But I will post the exams once I obtain them, is the process different for QTC?

Also, another question; What about this button? If I submitted all my evidence and had my C&P exams done; doesn't it make sense to hit this button --->  Ask VA to decide claim

In my experience, you won't see the QTC exam info in MyHealtheVet.  At least, I never saw mine there, and it was in Spring of 2015. 

I also clicked that button, but my made no difference in getting results. Emailing Sec. McDonald and UnderSec Hickey at the 15 month point is what generated movement on mine.  

I agree with Gastone.  Read a book, find a hobby, just put your mind elsewhere, because the claims process can drive you nuts.  

So actually, my claim just finished way ahead of what the commonality is on this forum. I think we need to take into account the difference between modern electronic medical records and old carbon copies. My claim just finished today at exactly the 115 day mark and it WAS NOT a FDC. I even got way more of a rating than I was expecting/brainwashed to expect. It seems the only people who have any real issues with claims when you served pre 2000's to be honest and I personally give the VA lots of credit because I'm in shock.

BurnTheGalaxy, I had my c&p exam at the same QTC location in Stockton and my claim is still not finish because the VA decided it didn't like something about the exam. now i have to have another one.  im still waiting on the exam appointment.  you can't get a copy of the exam  on your  on your VA health record. i tried