Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No way to go quicker

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

The woman on the phone says I need to just wait for the doctors to make their determination she says the computer says my claim will be done by May 13. She said is your address the same I said sure unless I lose my home but I'll have to wait and see how this goes. She said ok and goodbye. I really thought my claim would be quicker then 3 more months that'd 4 months total but I can't complaint if it's a positive outcome. But anything like the VA skipping the reconsider and asking an appeal. Is that a good idea? I'm thinking ahead in the future never expect a good outcome just disappointing learned something with the VA. Guess I'm a sucker I see that my claim has been with the DDS since 1/13 so basically she just added 4 months since that's the average would be 5/13.

Edited by jfrei

3 answers to this question

First, none of us know "how long your claim will take".  If someone does know this, then ask them for next week's winning lotto numbers, and you can count on losing the value of a lottery ticket.  

You need to do 3 things:

1.  Pray for the best.  

2.  Prepare for the worst.  

3.  Understand your future is out of your hands and the guy who does have control over your future has your back, so worry is unnecessary.  

Bronc, remember the big "Black 8 Ball" from the 50 - 60's? Ask a question, shake it around and read the very intelligent answer in the viewing window.

One should be issued to every New Vet filing a Comp Claim. Would definitely help them figure out "How much longer." Almost as accurate as calling the 800 Help line. 

Semper Fi

10 hours ago, Gastone said:

Bronc, remember the big "Black 8 Ball" from the 50 - 60's? Ask a question, shake it around and read the very intelligent answer in the viewing window.

One should be issued to every New Vet filing a Comp Claim. Would definitely help them figure out "How much longer." Almost as accurate as calling the 800 Help line. 

Semper Fi

Had one somehow its breaks when you throw it against the wall!! I hate this online status service as much as ebenefits it literally taught and haunts my head with the "what if" syndrome. Well what if it changes I check roughly each 7 times a day it flogs my mind hate this TBI issues that make obsessing stuff a regular.

01/13/2017

Disability Determination Pending

The Disability Determination Service for your state is processing the medical portion of your benefit application. If they need additional information or evidence from you, they will contact you directly

Edited by jfrei