VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosed w/Depression and Anxiety Disorders

Rate this question

cnocmmz

Question

Good Day All

Just a question:

I am presently rated at 80%, and was recently by my outside PSYCH doctor with Depression Disorder and Anxiety Disorder and was wondering how this would affect my overall 80% disability rating?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

51 minutes ago, cnocmmz said:

Yes sir,  from ships corpsman at the time

Wonderful! An Independent Duty Corpsman most likely. 

It appears you have met all the criteria required to Direct-Service connect.

1. Current Diagnosis for Sleep Apnea

2. In-Service Diagnosis for Sleep Apnea

3. A favorable Nexus of Opinion stating "most likely than not" with medically necessary CPAP.

It checks out. Now for the rater to do the right thing.

Best wishes. 

Update: Well the VA sent me back out for a C&P for the sleep apnea appeal case.  I read the doctors assessment from the visit they agreed with the original assessment that more likely than not, that the illness is from my military service.  I guess that is good news?   Now just waiting on the final rating if I will be awarded  0 - 30 or even 50% for the sleep apnea appeal.

This RAMP appeal case encompassed an in-crease for wrist, shoulder, and of course the sleep apnea.  It is in the "Prep for Decision" Stage with a completion date between May-Sep

As  prior posted, I am presently rated at 90% (91 points) and so it may carry me over to 100%?

On 2/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, vetquest said:

Congratulations, yes a 50% award would get you to 100%.  Have you considered TDIU if you are not working?

Still working but it is hard and may resign here in the near future do to the anxiety issues.  Thx

Please do not resign from your job if you have one.  They usually do not declare you unemployable if you quit or resign.  It is better to get a doctor's letter.  I had one saying I could no longer work but they still gave me a bad time.

5 minutes ago, vetquest said:

Please do not resign from your job if you have one.  They usually do not declare you unemployable if you quit or resign.  It is better to get a doctor's letter.  I had one saying I could no longer work but they still gave me a bad time.

Yeah, I will continue until I retire next year.  

On 2/17/2019 at 7:57 AM, cnocmmz said:

My apologies for the late delay.  Was rated at 70% for Depression and Anxiety overall year ago, and now overall rating is at 90 percent (91 points).  My doctor also had me do a sleep study and and with a prescription for a Cpap machine .  My lawyer is tying this to the secondary issue during my service years and hoping to get the VA to issue a Cpap machine so hopefully I can get a least 0 percent?  Ebenefits  states that the VA is currently "reviewing all the evidence."   I guess if I received 50 % it would take over the top for 100%?

Update:  E-benefits has moved my appeal to the "Prep for Notification" Block with a new complete date between 3/8-3/10.  which could be tomorrow?  I was also told that that Sleep Apnea was approved (yea)!  That being said, I was not told that I was at 100% although I was told that I would be 'presently surprised'.  Question:  If it is at 100% how will I know if it will be Total and Permanent?

Thanks

P.S. excited!!!!