VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosed w/Depression and Anxiety Disorders

Rate this question

cnocmmz

Question

Good Day All

Just a question:

I am presently rated at 80%, and was recently by my outside PSYCH doctor with Depression Disorder and Anxiety Disorder and was wondering how this would affect my overall 80% disability rating?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If it's PTSD they'll just lump it together as they are all mental issues and can only have one rating...

Edited by jfrei

No, my 80% is from knees., gerd, wrist, and shoulder issues. The depressive and anxiety disorders are the pain syndrome as secondary issues from the associated.

My apologies for the late delay.  Was rated at 70% for Depression and Anxiety overall year ago, and now overall rating is at 90 percent (91 points).  My doctor also had me do a sleep study and and with a prescription for a Cpap machine .  My lawyer is tying this to the secondary issue during my service years and hoping to get the VA to issue a Cpap machine so hopefully I can get a least 0 percent?  Ebenefits  states that the VA is currently "reviewing all the evidence."   I guess if I received 50 % it would take over the top for 100%?

• HadIt.com Elder

Never count on it until you get that little white Envelope  in the mail.

I say white  I think they are white now  instead of the Brown ones they use to send out.

If you use a C-Pap That  don't automatically give you 50% !!!

you will need plenty of medical documentation from qualified Dr's stating the secondary is likely as not the reason you have sleep apnea  from the medications you take (go into details)  and also a Qualified Dr must state in his/her report that the C-pap IS MEDICALLY NECESSARY  for you to use for  your Health.