VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DAV Rep says claim is at final review. Benefits says else....

Rate this question

Freddiethornton423

Question

So I filed my claim May 22nd and am OCD about checking ebenefits.

I checked every day and they needed nothing from me after I submitted all my info on the 21st of May and my DBQ from my VA psych on May 31st.

Called DAV too check status and they said its passed the initial review and in the final hands of the person who goes over the rating before notification.

Ebenefits still says preparation for decision. Should I watch it like a hawk all day and through the weekend to see if it changes to preparation for notification or does e benefits not update that fast?

How will I know as soon as my rating is completed before I call my DAV back next week as he said to do. Will Ebenefits update any change immediately?

Please advise.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It could still be weeks before you have a decision. Ebenefits will update as soon as it shows that the decision is granted, but you should get a letter from DAV before that with the unofficial decision. Ebenefits won't update until the claim is closed, so if Ebenefits says anything other than that there won't be a change. 

You're already 70%, so VA Claims Decision waits aren't new to you. Currently, FDC Decisions are taking 4 to 6 mos if they're all squared away. Are you really expecting a (60) Award/Denial Decision? Somewhat, to say the least, a bit unrealistic. Then again, it's your DayLight to burn, as you see fit.

WTF, live your life, just be sure your VA Direct Deposit account is set up to Real-time Txt & Email you regarding all Financial Transactions, think Retro Deposit. Chasing your tail regarding the WHEN is a huge waste of your time.

You're just another claim to the VA unless you're about to Die, Become Homeless or file Bankruptcy, any of which would qualify you for an ExpiditedClaims Decision.

Semper Fi

IF it's pending auth, should be quick. Your VSO should have a copy of the rating narrative- probably how they knew there was a decision.

I agree with Gastone- ebenefits is terrible to watch. (except to watch for development letters the VSR uploaded, but just didn't send : ( )

But, like a moth to a flame ... LoL

I'm moving out of country on June 20th, that is why the DAV requested an expedite, however now i'm even more confused. I called the 800 VA number to ask if ebenefits updated instantly or daily because my DAV said it was at the final reviewer and they said it was wrong information. SO who the hell has more access to my current status of my claim, the DAV or the 800 VA people?

I don't care about waiting, I just don't want to be in Eastern Europe and they throw some curve ball at me without letting me know. Just don't like getting bad information from the DAV or 800 number.

Just looking for something accurate, i'm not in a rush at all.

12 minutes ago, Gastone said:

You're already 70%, so VA Claims Decision waits aren't new to you. Currently, FDC Decisions are taking 4 to 6 mos if they're all squared away. Are you really expecting a (60) Award/Denial Decision? Somewhat, to say the least, a bit unrealistic. Then again, it's your DayLight to burn, as you see fit.

WTF, live your life, just be sure your VA Direct Deposit account is set up to Real-time Txt & Email you regarding all Financial Transactions, think Retro Deposit. Chasing your tail regarding the WHEN is a huge waste of your time.

You're just another claim to the VA unless you're about to Die, Become Homeless or file Bankruptcy, any of which would qualify you for an ExpiditedClaims Decision.

Semper Fi

I cannot change ANY information on my ebenefits due to having a fiduciary.