Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exams evidence

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Will using a C&P exam TBI review showing condition is progressing and is considered permanent and total help with proving my SSDI my hearing is in December I need all the help I can get?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When did you file?

Beginning March 27, 2017, the rules changed and the statements of treating physicians are no longer given greater weight than other evidence in your claim file.

https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/cfr20/404/404-1527.htm

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/revisions-rules.html

January 9 filed  intial denied April reconsider May 5. Denied July July 29 hearing appeal scheduled December 19 ALJ Butler in Delaware. It's not like I have one doctors notes I have several doctors records ssa doctor opined same. I was Permanent and Total last November.... why can't SSA send me to another evaluation again since they didn't like their first doctors opinion of me not being about to work...

Edited by jfrei

I dont like to think of it this way, but i think of it like, imagine you write a 2 page letter and it's being graded for grammar and punctuation. If you get anything wrong on the graded paper, it does not get accepted. A lot of applicants i'm sure can speak to this as there application was denied for one small issue which is all a insurance company like SSA needs for fuel there agenda.

This is why I have an attorney I failed myself because it got to confusing between worrying about this and the VA deal. I just stopped paying attention to SSA just thought they would agree with the VA. Well apparently I was wrong at least it was only the intial claim and now I will be seen in person?

• HadIt.com Elder

it usually takes a few tries with SSA. 

And then they will Approve you  its just the way SSA is

even when you send in your VA Medical Records with 100% P&T

SSA has there own way of doing things   and just because we  have 100% with VA don't mean you will be Approved.

I think a lot of it is the Age  they don't like to give $$ out to someone very young (jmo)  but you just need to keep appeals going and eventually you will get Approved..its BS  yes, but that's the reason in  my opinion.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!