Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary condition question

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hello everybody!  according to CFR 3.310 secondary condition become part of the original condition when service connection is establish for the secondary condition. My question is will my secondary condition be considered static since the original condition is static and 20 year protected?  All replies are welcome.  Thanks!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

saxman,

I don't think that matters  because once they S.C. a secondary condition to a already original SC Condition it becomes  part of the original condition as I understand it.

what I don't know is how they do the EED on the secondary condition? as I know they will go by the date filed for the secondary condition.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a number of secondary conditions to my DMII.  They used the date you first claimed the secondary condition officially.  Even with my original DMII condition the VA doctors were hinting around that I had impaired glucose and pre-diabetes,  but until I actually went for C&P exam and doctor said "  You have DMII" I did not officially have it, nor did I get compensation.  Once I had DM11 and I was getting compensation I did file for a bunch of secondary conditions.  Six secondary conditions to be exact.  I had to produce medical evidence to link each and everyone of them to DMII even though they   were common secondary conditions for DMII.  The VA did try and come up with alternative explanations and forced me to appeal.  The dates EED were the dates I filed for each disability.