VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to OBTAIN C-FIle??

Rate this question

Grumpbox

Question

Do any of the wizards on here know how to obtain his/her own C-File????

WHY: I recently conducted my five year since retirement C&P for PTSD.  I didn't get a copy (imagine that).  It was so scripted, and I am concerned on the examiner's opinion/input.  

I want to be ready for my next tactical move; however, without the Intel, I have no idea how to maneuver/prepare. 

I would be happy to elaborate on the conduct of the exam, i.e., questions asked, setting, and situation as it pertained to me, etc.  

Many thanks in advance for any wisdom!!

GB

Buck52 - SO SORRY FOR THE DELAYED "THANK YOU"!

I really needed that acronym 'for idiots' page!!!  So many folks on here are miles ahead of me, and I find myself like a guppy in a ocean of bigger fish trying to keep up. Thanks again!!

So for the C-File guidance, as you mention above, is this a must to apply in person to receive the C-FIle???? Just trying to clarfy so I can things in motion???  

I had my C&P Exam, 20 Oct this month and Ebenefits show nothing yet.  In fact, my entire "blue button' history is sort of blank...I usually check it every day, but I am wondering if I should chill for a bit.  

• Founder

Check this article out https://www.hadit.com/requesting-your-va-c-file/

AdobeStock_2297921-295x100.jpeg

Requesting A Copy of Your VA Claims Folder (C-File) 

Share Tweet Share VA Claims Folders, the infamous C-File We can not stress enough how important it is to: View your VA Claims Folder at the Veterans Affairs regional office (find your Regional VA Office here) Call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 and request an appointment to view your C-File (VA Claims Folder). Ensure that all the records … Continue reading

Grump, use the "FOIA Electronic Mailbox" link in Tbirds above post.

I chose to Fax my VA FOIA request back in early 2016. Within a week I received an Email from the VA FOIA Dept verifying exactly what I wanted, partial or complete. I had received my 1st complete copy (9 inch stack) back in early 2014. I requested the complete file, 8 months later I received my Complete C-File on a searchable CD.

My 1st request in 2012 was hand delivered to my RO, took 14 months for the package to arrive.