VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

awarded TDIU, 90% overall. seeking P&T

Rate this question

abnrgr88

Question

I was awarded 100% TDIU in June 2017. since then, unrelated to that claim, i had a 13 level spinal fusion. back already is rated 20% (compressed vert. arthritis). The DAV rep i was given has told me not to file for an increase. Be happy with what i have gotten. Said i am being paid for 100%, dont rock the boat so to speak. Surgery was 4 months ago and i have been in P.T. for 2 months. I believe i am in line for an increase. i now have a 19 inch scar up the center of my back. T2-L2. limited ROM and alot of PAIN. My goal, P&T. I lost health insurance for my family when i went out of work. This along with others not available with TDIU. Any suggestions?  Thank you!  RLTW

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file an appeal and ask for P&T and for an increase in your rating for your back.   They always tell you not to rock the boat.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 11/17/2017 at 7:58 PM, Trapperx6 said:

Isn't it true that after age 55 , they can't lower your rating?

They can if they have good reason to like you shown improvement  or they prove Freud 

but if your over age 55 they usually leave those vets alone its harder for them to reduce benefits then.

but they can still do it. 

Actually all veterans are not completely safe with their S.C. Ratings until they have 20 consecutive years in on the S.C. Condition.