VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just had C&P exam now there are requesting service medical records?

Rate this question

gab2112

Question

When I logged in ebenefits it shows they have reviewed the document they requested (C&P exam request). Now there is a new request for me this time. It says they are requesting my service medical records. I submitted all of these already when I submitted my claim online. 

Do I resubmit the documents I already submitted online? I have to request my C&P exam/ cray results since I dont have a premium account. Wouldn’t they have already reviewed my medical records before the exam? Not sure if this order of things is a bad sign or good sign about the way the claim is shaping.

it looks like they are requesting my original medical service records. Not sure why they allow you to upload them if they want the originals. I thought they would have done this very first thing.

Edited by gab2112
Update

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

this is a canned response to request you medical records they did the same thing to me saying it would save them time even though they have record sharing with the VBA I guess it could still take for up to a month to get your records.  I went ahead and submitted mine and three days later they were scheduling me for a cnp exam take care God Bless and I am praying for a positive outcome for you

Great question!   Even if it is a "canned response", we dont really ever know what records VA has, and, the VA wants to keep it that way.  It makes it easier to deny, and then say, |"Oh gee, why did you not submit those records before?  (I did you dork..how was I supposed to know you would lose them?)  This is why its imperative for you to order your own cfile...just to see what records they actually do have.  

• HadIt.com Elder

It has been so long since I filed a claim  (2010) that the idea of making a claim and then having a c&p exam before the VA has your SMR's sounds crazy to me.   How in the world can the VA even think about making  a decision before they have your SMR's especially if you are claiming PTSD or anything that needs records to prove?  This all seems assbackwards to me.  The way they used to do it was the last step in your claim was the C&P exam and you could count days before you got a decision.  Has all this changed?  Using Ebenefits to file a claim makes me nervous.  Just because something seems faster may be much longer in the end if you lose your original claim and have to go into appeals. I never want to go to the BVA/CAVC again.  I want my claims decided at the VARO.    Every time I filed a claim or for an increase the VA always lost my evidence at least once.  I got to the point where I would drive to the VARO and put the papers right into their hands and got signed copies.    I like to do it step by step and get receipts for everything.  The one time you don't have proof the VA got something is the time they use it to screw you to the wall.  

• Founder

@gab2112 Veterans Affairs is exasperating and your question is another example of that. Ok like folks have said it probably is a canned response, but we can't be sure so 

1. You can resubmit them or
  2. Call the Veterans Affairs 800-827-1000 or
  3. Email them using the IRIS system here  This is the method I would suggest because you will have a paper trail.

When you can get your e-benefits login updated to premium so you can follow your claim status. Use the iRIS form get the skinny from them and go from there. Hang in.