Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

mY condition worsens while at the BVA and 2nd remand

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

mY condition worsens while at the BVA and 2nd remand. The doctors are running tests to find out what new liver disease I have and good possibility of big problems,  as several of my diseases are already fatal. Pancreas, liver, etc. But now they have to continue with more than cat-scans, but now more biopsies, etc.  Do I need to send them any new diagnoses while my appeal is at BVA< or will they get the papers from my records while still at the BVA? These new diagnoses and diseases are related to my claims. The VA surgeons as the disease progresses that they will be happening, because of the diseases I have it is natural progression for the other organs getting diseased and cancer probably too, if not yet. As I was told by the doctors and surgeons, in persona many, many times, while hospitalized for 6 months, they told me what to expect with these diseases. And their prognosis is coming true, they just could not get me a good time-frame. Several tests are being done as we speak, and in the coming days and weeks. Should I have my POA fax the BVA any new diagnosises? Just to make sure they are not overlooked.

Thanx

Steven

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:38 PM, broncovet said:

You need to request an "advance on the docket".   Certainly, with your health issues, you should get one.  I recommend you email the white house, mention what you did in the above paragraph, and ask for your claim to be expidited for hardship reasons.  

My POA sent in a letter to the BVA letting them know of a change in my health status and to make sure they get my latest VA health records which show diseases added to the list since the 2nd remand.

Thank you for good advice. I appreciate it!

On 11/18/2017 at 8:36 AM, broncovet said:

I will add this is tragic.  It would be like if you were waiting in line for a hamburger..and it took them so long, you had a child and needed another one.  

Or by the time to get your hamburger they sold out giving the last one to the person you let ahead of you...

I go for a consult with liver clinic, and as usual, it was to much for the doctor and she has to call in the experts. I had to ask her why she didn't go look at the proper databases that the va uses. Apparently the VA uses 3 medical history databases and shares them with al of the VA hospitals and clinics. A patient should not have to go to a very important medical appointment, only to find out they cannot find al of your records because of data base issues. The patient should not have to travel in a total sate of severe disease and pain, to find out that they have to return because the VA didn't get the information out of the records. And then they sit and ask you to tell them about everything they did and labs, tests, hospitalizations, when the records should have all that. I am not frakkin doctor, I should not have to explain al of everything to the best doctors they have. Now, I will have to go back after they call in the experts they were suppose to be on my case. My time is going to be over, could be soon or sooner.

looks like my appeals went to the BVA judge, for the last time. after two remands that took two years... I sent in a bunch of new documents in to the judge (through my P.O.A.), I did not trust the R.O. to read them, or care about them. I feel better with the BVA judge than the whole R.O. that screwed it all up since day one. The BVA judge get's it back in his hands in April 2018.

(it wasn't really new, but I know the R.O. never read my documents and these were a very long lists of details from the VA hospitalizations, in the form of summaries. They are about 50 pages. Yes, about 50 pages. And they are full of information, not just blank space. I knew it would have been a waste of time with the VARO, they never read anything they were given.) this was from a 6 month stretch as an inpatient after failed pancreas surgeries. Yes, they nexus to my active duty health issues.

I looked up my claim at the BVA , and it is currently in a stage at the BVA, after two remands, it now says it has been asked by the BVA for a medical opinion (it says I may disagree with the opinion they get)...… my guess is the BVA is getting an opinion to bolster their case... I looked up what this might be and found this:

https://www.veteranslawblog.org/va-medical-opinion-letter/

Getting a VA Medical Opinion Letter to Hurt Veterans – Development to Deny.

==========

I am not sure if they are trying to find reasons to deny my claims, or what.. I know about IMO's (I had one already for my side, and was included in my VA disability claims , ten years ago). Now it looks like they might either need it for help for them, I doubt it is help for me. Does anyone else know about this situation when the BVA seeks opinion  ?

Thanx...

(the date on this BVA opinion seeking is around June 2018, in my online ebenefits claims search...). I was just curious to see if the ebenefits had any info on my claims when I found this latest status on my claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of it depends on what type medical evidence you submitted with your claim or increase?, you may want to wait and see what their decision is?  or if they send you a letter to attend another C&P? 

to be honest I'd be a little skeptical too.  about all you can do is wait and see?

if you think they don't have enough medical evidence  now would be a good time to go get an IMO...But if you have did that already and submitted that for your increase  just   wait and see what they say.

Edited by Buck52