VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File completed?

Rate this question

BuddyLoveAK

Question

The FOIA for my C-File showed up as Gathering of Evidence under "open claims" until 11/30/17, when it moved to the completed section. Does anyone know approximately how long it'll take for them to finish processing my C-File now that it's "completed" under eBenefits and send it to me? Do they get mailed right away? Or do they get put into another stack where I have to wait another 6 months for it to get mailed? Also, my NOD got denied so I filed a substantive appeal. However, the substantive appeal has been sitting at the originating VA office for the past several months. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for substantive appeals to be moved from the originating VA office to the board and get a docket number? Thanks!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ifs it complete its complete mine took about two weeks when I submitted my FOIA which my was only for two C&P exams though... try calling to see if anything has been sent in the mail from whereever the request went too..

My cfile is also about 5000 pages.  The length of your cfile depends on medical evidence, decisions, and how much of it VA has shredded, if any.  Many cfiles are electronically stored, as mine is.  I have it on DVD rom.

• HadIt.com Elder

As of 2016 Most veterans with claims have had their C-File Digitized and place in a compact Disk. 

Much Much easier to read & make copies  After placed and copied over to Your Computer/Lap Top

Acrobat Pro Reader is a Great Program to use for this change over.