VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Docket

Rate this question

USNDW

Question

5 answers to this question

Our wonderful member Carlie is deceased.

Perhaps the BVA ombudsman could give you some idea of what dockets they are working on now.

bvaOMbud.bvaOmbudsman@va.gov

The regulations are here under a search for Advancement on the Docket,if the criteria applies to you, that is something to consider and to apply for.

My BVA case took many years...years in which I continuously sought evidence and I sent my evidence directly to the BVA.

Edited by Berta

Carlie is truly missed.

USN, for you viewing enjoyment or not, pull up BVA Decisions for 16 & 2017. See what 2014 Docket numbers have been addressed. I doubt it will make you rest any easier, but then again just maybe.

Who's Reping you at the BVA, VSO, VA Claims Agent or Attorney? BVA Appeals, especially if complex, are not recommended as DIY Projects.

Sorry to hear about Carlie, it has been a while since I visited here.

I do not have any representation, and you would have thought the ALJ thought I was insane. She told me how complicated this was and at the end of the hearing when I said "seriously, this is not that complicated. I have the evidence to support my claims, it is in my file, the issues cause me disability, occurred in service or within the presumptive period, an overwhelming amount of evidence supports the benefit of the doubt rule as 1 VA doctor disagreed with what 12 other private,well known medical providers stated, and the only reason I was there is that the VARO tried to ignore and then find any reason to deny my claim, even screwing up my dates of service claiming I had 1 year of service when I had 23"

The ALJ, after that, did listen to what I said, and gave me quite a bit of latitude to blast the RO for failing to follow VCAA and screwing up the dates of service when my file has existed for 10 years with the VARO and they know what my dates of service are.

The Seattle RO has to be the worst in the nation. How do you take a Veteran with multiple awards, and change their dates of service by 22 years?????

I feel your pain.  My appeal has been certified to the BVA, but it's still at the regional office. I have several questions about the BVA process.

1. When do you receive your docket number?

2. Will you be notified when your case arrives in Washington, D.C?

3.  If you have additional evidence, where do you send the information?

4. Does the BVA get a paper copy of your evidence or are they able to access e-benefits?

5. Will they contact you when your case is ready to go before a Judge?