VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won everything

Rate this topic

jfrei

Congratulations Jfrei !!

log onto your   www.SSA.gov  account it will give you the amount - this will be the account where you change address - update bank info et al.

I too had a sweet victory - Thanks to hard work like you - 

I think one point to be made for the IMO - please chime in is -

IF - WHEN ,  I have a reexam - ( Rated at P & T , yes but....I will be vigil until the 20 yr mark)  the IMO set me at 70%, so the VA cannot "Develop to Deny".

FYI :  ( I think it was worth the $2,000, as Berta mentions in previous postings- you get it back in the retro- that retro for me was $65, 000)  I guess what I am saying is - I hope that I have fought my battle ahead of time. 

SSDI - is reassessed every 3-5 years especially if you are under 55.  This info is on there website. I am 60, been on SSDI 4 years with no re-exams. 

Edited by L
add info

JFREI,

Grant News Bud. As stated above you get your SSDI every month which is based on your points that you built up working all these years. If you have minors they get a check as well until they are 21 if they go to college full time and you pay atleast 50% or more to take care of them. You will get Medicare after 2 years which the SSA will take out like a hundred something a month for that coverage. As stated above under age 55 you will be reviewed, usually at the 3 yr marks. I just went thru this a few months ago. Other then that the SSDI does not come with alot like VA benefits, but everything helps. Also like the other Vets informed you, keep seeking treatment for you disabilities. The SSA can send you random letters requesting that you send them your yearly medical treatment records for that year, to show that you continue to be disabled. Good luck my friend, and God Bless!! What a great early Christmas Present.

Even so with the judge he was like I hardly do this ever but I’m giving you this grant as a bench decision and you will have the decision in one week not 2-4 Months like most. Yeha I have a wife and 2 minors 3 and 7 Months old. Don’t know how it all works for the family benefits I think it will only be 50 percent added onto my benefitw is I’m reading that correctly seems very  low for having two children and a wife but every little helps. If that is correct please can someone confirm this sounds right?

15 hours ago, jfrei said:

Even so with the judge he was like I hardly do this ever but I’m giving you this grant as a bench decision and you will have the decision in one week not 2-4 Months like most. Yeha I have a wife and 2 minors 3 and 7 Months old. Don’t know how it all works for the family benefits I think it will only be 50 percent added onto my benefitw is I’m reading that correctly seems very  low for having two children and a wife but every little helps. If that is correct please can someone confirm this sounds right?

The SSDI amount is based on what "YOU - paid in" because of your age -(32)  SSDI required 20 quarters of earning - equals 10 years of paying into the system.    I agree - I read it because I was "rusty" on the info too. One child 50% - having another it is adjusted along with the spouse as well. No increase it appears as you stated.

My ex-husband Had a massive stroke on active duty(E8- 23 yrs of active duty)  at the age of 41 - never recovered - my daughter got her benefits until 18- - It will cease without any notice -  at the Birthday. ( unless in school-19) 

Almost to the end of the road now- Enjoy Life, Congrats

Edited by L
added info

I collect $1800 a month and my two children get $700 together, so total is $2500 a month. I worked on paper since 14 and always claimed zero on my taxes. So when I was approved the SSA woman told me I qualified for the max. My twin brother gets SSDI as well and I draw $400 more then he does. So everyone is different as stated above based on working points. Very happy for you and wish you the best.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use