Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New evidence

Rate this question

stumpy579

Question

RO received my Form 9 on 25 May 2017.  I received a notice from RO that my Form 9 was received shortly thereafter. I have not received anything from the VA since then. In early October Ebenefits show status of Intake Processing location the Board but i received no mail from VA about this and no docket number. On 28 December 2017 ebenefits status changed to administrative case processing location the board. On Vets.gov the status says The RO has certified your appeal on 28 September 2017 again i no received notification or docket number. I am wondering what Administrative Case Processing means at this stage and if i will receive a 90 day notice to submit new evidence at some point? I elected to have a review by VLJ but i did not request a hearing. I am assuming they cannot make a decision without sending a 90 new evidence letter and i am working on getting some additional evidence in.

Edited by stumpy579

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Can't say I recall any Vet with a BVA "anything" pending, ever posting about seeing E-Ben updates regarding their BVA Appeal.

Always changing E-Ben Claim status when it comes to reg Claims, FDC's, RO Appeals and DRO Reviews/Hearings.

Recently Certified to BVA, you're not expecting any type of BVA Decision for a couple years, right?

Could you post a redacted copy of your Denial Letter? Was the 05/17 I-9 a result of an RO Review, DRO Review or Hearing continuance of an original Claim's Denial?

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

Can't say I recall any Vet with a BVA "anything" pending, ever posting about seeing E-Ben updates regarding their BVA Appeal.

Always changing E-Ben Claim status when it comes to reg Claims, FDC's, RO Appeals and DRO Reviews/Hearings.

Recently Certified to BVA, you're not expecting any type of BVA Decision for a couple years, right?

Could you post a redacted copy of your Denial Letter? Was the 05/17 I-9 a result of an RO Review, DRO Review or Hearing continuance of an original Claim's Denial?

This section shows status updates for your Open Appeals.

12/28/2017 Administrative Case Processing Your appeal is at the Board. While preparing to decide your appeal, various administrative actions may be required, and your appeal may fall into this category more than once. Your appeal will proceed towards decision upon completion of any of the administrative tasks required. 12/28/2017

I requested a DRO review and received an soc basically repeating the same language in the original denial. I then sent in a timely Form 9 appealing to the board. E-ben went from pending appeal to intake processing but the dates never changed. Then today i see this in E-bens with a new date. Someone told me they might have sent it back to VARO due to some errors but who knows. I thought E-bens would not show anything when it is at the board but there it is. I am under the assumption that my appeal at the board is just beginning and i have been putting off working on getting some new evidence because i have lots of time. I don't have a VSO and opted for no hearing. I'm just going to send in what i can find that think will help and try to forget about for awhile. Only thing i know for sure is certified to BVA 28 sept17 and Administrative Case Processing 12/28/2017.

Take a look at BVA Decisions for 2017, 16 and 15. Do you see any Docket Number (respective year) Decisions? If you do, almost certainly they're "Hardship Advancement" Appeals.

If you haven't already done so, use your Issues as key words for a search. Any decisions close to your situation?

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone  you can learn a lot from past BVA Decisions that are inline with your claims or close to what your claiming.