VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to properly revoke a power of attorney from your veterans service organization

Rate this question

Navigator

Question

I am wondering what the proper procedure is for revoking my vso's poa and representing my claim myself.  I contacted my regional VA office in reference to the matter and they informed me that I needed to fill out a form 21-22 and fax it in to the office.  I noticed that form 21-22 is the power of attorney form for adding a vso which I do not want to do.  I looked at the form 21-22a (for adding an individual) but think it would be silly to fill out a form to give poa to myself.  I really don't want the VSO that I am currently involved with to have access to my records.  I understand from doing a few searches on this subject that it may be a difficult procedure, but I did not see anywhere that actually stated a procedure to accomplish this.  Thanks for any help in the matter.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd recommend a veteran to educate himself by reading the VA CFR\s #   and get familiar with the entire VA system...

get the nexis lexis bible   and read about BVA Cases  that are familiar with his claim or claims.

and come here to hadit  and get some  excellent  free information.

Veterans must keep all and everything the VA Sends them  and keep the envelope it comes in   due to the Post Mark   it could come in handy some day.   keep all your award papers and rating sheets   just keep everything the VA Sends.

you may need it years down the road.

After consulting with a lawyer, it is important to perform any actions related to powers of attorney and other legally significant documents. Ideally, if you find a lawyer to whom you can subsequently apply for many more years. It is necessary to look at how a person speaks whether he knows how to express his thoughts clearly, and in an understandable language without hiding his inability to formulate behind legal terms. It is the basis of the basics, and if there is no clear logic – there is no ability to build a position in court. I found an excellent lawyer who is engaged in defense of the military and now I turn only to him for any legal problems.now I turn only to him for any legal problems.

Edited by Cristozan