VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

D.O. is not a Neurologist

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi,  the situation never ends (or it just ends with denials), no wonder my claim was denied---a D.O. did the C & P for worsening of M.S.  The D.O. got it so wrong.

A D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine deals with the "muscle-skeletory system"),  hmmmmm, no mention of the neurological system.  Thanks a lot VA. :((

OK, you all take care.

H

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I think the Best IMO/IME doctor on MS issues is Dr. Bash.

Although he is a Neuro-radiologist- his IMos for me completely knocked down 2  VAEndocrinologist C & P opinions on my AO DMII death claim.(because he added to the IMO that he had interpreted , as a neuroradiologist) MRIs etc of thousands of veterans with diabetes mellitus.

Also Dr Bash has Multiple Sclerosis. His CV is extensive,to include his MS expertise.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta

I don't think Dr Bash is doing IMO/IME Anymore?

but I am not 100%sure on this?

..I had a Veteran tell me he contacted Dr Bash and they said he don't do IMO's anymore....it was News to me.

I am thinking maybe Jbasser and Jerrel Cook Can Contact Dr Bash & invite Dr Bash back to a hadit radio show and get updates on what he is doing now?

I've also heard negative things about Dr Bash...but FROM what I know about Dr Bash & FROM HERE ON HADIT AND LISTENING TO HIM ON THE HADIT RADIO SHOWS I find all this to be B.S.

We need an update on him.

jmo

Buck, I spoke to Dr Bash  some weeks ago during our blog radio show on Dec 7, 2017.

Ms. Burns didnt show up so I called in:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2017/12/08/hadit-podcast-with-guests-dr-bash-and-alice-burns

Yes often the negative stuff is BS.

No IMO/IME doctor can perform a miracle.

If the vet needs an inservice nexus that is not supported by their SMRs, Personnel records, or any buddy statements or other evidence, this is something that a IMO/IME doctor cannot establish for them without probative nexus evidence.

Also some vets and widows do not prepare their claims and IMO/IME requests well.

When I first contacted Dr Bash ( 2005 I think) I sent him a very brief email stating what the claim was about,

why I felt it was a probative claim,based on my prior  VA issues, and a brief rendition of a few pieces of probative evidence I had . He immediately emailed me back to the affect- if you have that evidence this is a good case.

Then he called me a few days later and I discussed what other evidence I had.

I had prepared an overview letter and had tabbed the specific medical records pertinent to this claim although he went over the whole thing. A few days later he called me and said his supportive IMO was in the mail already.

Buck I am listening to the show Dr. Bash did. It was a good one but as  I mentioned here in December that I could not get the whole show-it all cut off within minutes and now the show with Travis Studdart (vet lawyer)is on instead-

I have some concerns about the blog radio situation.

I have many personal volunteer issues in my life, some vets locally and some non vet issues,  and do not have the time to do radio shows that are not taped for our archives.I dont know what the problem was on that show.

I dont think anyone here even listened to the Dr Bash show because I was the only member here who complained that it gets cut off right after Dr B came on.

I brought Travis to the show myself-contacting Jerrel with info I had on him- his show was great but  Ihesitate to bring anyone on if their show cannot be heard by the members after it is taped.

I recently asked a VA malpractice lawyer to be on-----but he wants to discuss other things with me first  ,so I dont know yet  if he would do a show-or if any of our members even listen to them.

The Radio archives are a WEALTH of info on numerous claims issues and other issues that affect veterans.

Edited by Berta

Hollie, for clarification purposes regarding MD & DO, both can become Board Certified in Neurology, Surgery, etc.

I've used both over the past 45 yrs, the only real treatment difference, DOs are also trained in the manipulation of body parts to relieve pain ie lower back problems.  C & P Drs, MD or DO, are only required to be Board Certified in a particular Specialty if the C & P is the result of a BVA or CAVC Remand.

Just to add. Dr Bash has had input into MANY BVA decisions over the years.

The BVA will state him as Dr CB or in some cases as Dr C. Bash or just as Dr Bash.

The VA was chastized years ago for referring to him as "that neuroradiologist" in their opinions.

I have no doubt this is the same Dr Bash in both of these recent awards:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files5/1727663.txt

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files5/1726725.txt

He cannot help every claim succeed, but helped this grant to occur :

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files7/1737998.txt

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, Berta said:

Buck, I spoke to Dr Bash  some weeks ago during our blog radio show on Dec 7, 2017.

Ms. Burns didnt show up so I called in:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2017/12/08/hadit-podcast-with-guests-dr-bash-and-alice-burns

Yes often the negative stuff is BS.

No IMO/IME doctor can perform a miracle.

If the vet needs an inservice nexus that is not supported by their SMRs, Personnel records, or any buddy statements or other evidence, this is something that a IMO/IME doctor cannot establish for them without probative nexus evidence.

Also some vets and widows do not prepare their claims and IMO/IME requests well.

When I first contacted Dr Bash ( 2005 I think) I sent him a very brief email stating what the claim was about,

why I felt it was a probative claim,based on my prior  VA issues, and a brief rendition of a few pieces of probative evidence I had . He immediately emailed me back to the affect- if you have that evidence this is a good case.

Then he called me a few days later and I discussed what other evidence I had.

I had prepared an overview letter and had tabbed the specific medical records pertinent to this claim although he went over the whole thing. A few days later he called me and said his supportive IMO was in the mail already.

Buck I am listening to the show Dr. Bash did. It was a good one but as  I mentioned here in December that I could not get the whole show-it all cut off within minutes and now the show with Travis Studdart (vet lawyer)is on instead-

I have some concerns about the blog radio situation.

I have many personal volunteer issues in my life, some vets locally and some non vet issues,  and do not have the time to do radio shows that are not taped for our archives.I dont know what the problem was on that show.

I dont think anyone here even listened to the Dr Bash show because I was the only member here who complained that it gets cut off right after Dr B came on.

I brought Travis to the show myself-contacting Jerrel with info I had on him- his show was great but  Ihesitate to bring anyone on if their show cannot be heard by the members after it is taped.

I recently asked a VA malpractice lawyer to be on-----but he wants to discuss other things with me first  ,so I dont know yet  if he would do a show-or if any of our members even listen to them.

The Radio archives are a WEALTH of info on numerous claims issues and other issues that affect veterans.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ms berta

I remember that show and you left ,  I think I left to on that one too, but its not the only show I have had problems with  some times the sound is not working  or coming through my Headphones(I use high quality Headphones when I listen to the Hadit radio shows   because I am darn near completely deaf....one reason I don't call into the show eh!

but I try to listen to every show they have, listing to John and Jerrel has come a regular routine for me on Thrusday evenings..I also tell Veterans to call into the show to ask questions ect,,ect,,

I love it when they have special guest on  the Dr's and Attorneys And of course Alex Graham,  Alex speaks loud and clear I can hear Alex Just fine.  Most of their information is priceless and I learn a lot from them  we can never have enough Information to help our fellow Veterans.

I too like Dr Bash and I've listen to him when he comes on Hadit  I didn't get to catch the Dec 7 show  but will go back to check the archives to listen to it.Dr  Bash is good to listen to and get the priceless information from him and also he leaves his email and phone # if we need him.

I wish more Veterans would come on the show and ask their questions.

I hope Jbasser or Jerrel can work out the flaws of the show  the Audio part at least.....maybe the connection is not making a good connection  or maybe if they use Microphones to cover them with a piece of cloth or maybe not so close to their mouth/?

just different problems can be a nuisance  but they do a great job with the show...and I can understand you also Ms berta  you speak up loud and clear.  I wish you were on the show more often but They know your pretty busy lady.

I enjoy listening to you and taking in your information and just hope I never forget it.

I thank you Ms Berta for all you do for all Veterans and their spouse  your information is greatly appreciated by this old country boy.