Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

''Decision Ready Claim''

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This was on a VA News letter from the VBA,  maybe of some interest to some Vets,  we will just have to wait and see if it works?

This month, we’d like to start by introducing you to a fairly new program for Veterans who are planning to file a VA disability compensation claim.  It’s the Decision Ready Claim Program -- the fastest way to get a VA disability claim processed.  Eligible Veterans can get a decision on their claim within 30 days after it is submitted when they work with an accredited representative, such as a Veterans Service Organization.

The DRC Program is administered by the Veterans Benefits Administration, and we are the source of all data related to the program.  We’re excited to see how DRC is drastically changing the way we process claims. Hear from Veterans themselves about how the DRC Program has worked for them and learn more at www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/drc.asp.

Thanks to all of you, and please stay tuned as we look forward to providing you more updates soon.

Sincerely,

Veterans Benefits Administration

hell no! I don't want DRC, I want the hamster wheel! give us a break, if they did their job right they would be only one system...

• HadIt.com Elder

This is New DRC (Decision Ready Claims)  so it would only apply to new claims.

I am sorry, I should have not said anything, being just angry forever with the VA, and I meant it as a sarcastic rhetorical comment on a choice that to me is ridiculous. like they give you the choice of a hamster wheel for a lifetime of hell, or the quick easy way of getting a slam dunk approved... like we love to pick and choose the way that destroys what's left of us while we wait and die in hell.... while they just jerk us around while we die... as if we would purposely take the worst possible route to the end....

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

The claim process is frustrating is an understatement to say the least,  but they want us to just give up  but veterans with appeals should never give up  although some have passed on and never got what they deserve.

I don't think I ever seen a veteran rated 100% w/P &T  for PTSD by its self ?

Edited by Buck52

I knew a veteran who was 100 P&T for PTSD.  Unfortunately he spent several weeks each month in the hospital.  The regs are written such that any veteran getting 100% PTSD is not able to function at all in society.