Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does this sound like a correct explanation of VBA hearing?

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It appears that you requested or agreed to a Last Minute  RO Review Hearing of your NOD'd issue/issues, to be held prior to your Appeal being Certified to the BVA for Docketing.

As long as the final result is the Award, both SC% and EED your seeking, proceeding to the BVA would be pointless. However, I certainly wouldn't waive the BVA Hearing until you have a signed copy of the Award in your hand.

Did your VSO-Rep accompany you to the Hearing? What do they have to say?

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gaststone  that looks like either a transcript of the hearing review or DRO Hearing. with you...with ''chairman''??

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I found a past post you made indicating this is for TDIU? not sure

Do you get SSDI and if so is that solely for your service connected 80% disabilities?

Is VA aware of the SSDI award?

Were you ever turned down for VOC Rehab, solely due to the same disabilities?

Have you ever attached here any denial you got for TDIU that has triggered the DRO hearing?

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

More precise info always makes it easier to get a grip on your situation. How about posting a redacted copy of the Original Denial and the Notification Letter associated with this recent Hearing?

What was the date of your NOD Filing and what Appeal Route did you choose, RO Review, DRO Review, DRO Hearing or the Traditional BVA Hearing?

I'm sorry, when I looked through and read my transcript I thought it was pretty clear and straight forward. But apparently not. The Chairman in the transcript is the VA RO. Mr. Simms is the NCDVA - North Carolina Division of Veteran Affairs. They were my VSO at the time.

My point in posting this was to show that here is the NCDVA( my VSO ) telling me that a BVA hearing is the same thing as this hearing in front of a VA RO. And the VA RO does nothing to correct the NCDVA. 

20 hours ago, Gastone said:

However, I certainly wouldn't waive the BVA Hearing until you have a signed copy of the Award in your hand.

Well. I know that now but unfortunately this is from  back in 2000. I have been going through my C-File and reading and realized what they did to me back then.

8 hours ago, Berta said:

Do you get SSDI and if so is that solely for your service connected 80% disabilities

Yes. Since 2005.

8 hours ago, Berta said:

Is VA aware of the SSDI award?

Yes, they are.

8 hours ago, Berta said:

Were you ever turned down for VOC Rehab, solely due to the same disabilities?

I have never checked into VOC Rehab.

8 hours ago, Berta said:

Have you ever attached here any denial you got for TDIU that has triggered the DRO hearing?

Not as of yet.

testing my signature

How about posting a redacted copy of the RO Decision from back in 2000.

Your VSO was a NC State Vet Rep, Ah Ha, ever think about switching your POA to One of the Reg National VSO's with an HQ at your RO such as VFW, DAV, Marine Corps League?

Have you filed any New Claims for SC or Increase?