Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC S awarded never paid

Rate this question

Msgt Ret

Question

I was awarded SMC S and have not been paid. I submitted a claim for compensation and was told to submit VA Form 21-2680 my problem is I was awarded this in 2012 back dated to 2010. I received a increase in compensation but did not know of the monetary benefits of SMC S. I am afraid that the “VA” is attempting to award in 2018 and not pay retroactive. I was also told when I called the 800 number that it was a mistake and I did not rate SMC S.

MR, do you currently have a POA-VSO? They can access your C-File from their office computer and print whatever page copies regarding the SMC S Housebound and IU Award Rating information that is "EOR" Evidence of Record. Your complete BVA Decision is in your C-File also.

Your SC List does not have a single (1) SC rated at 100%, so a Scheduler Housebound Award; even with the (1) 20% SC and (11) 10% SC's; is off the table. Your IU Award is your only chance, depending on which of your (13) SC Conditions are included as part of the Award. 

Berta, to the rescue, as always. Thanks for the Docket/Decision link.

M/S, your BVA Decision was for a complete Remand of all Denied Issues. Including the TDIU Claim which I believe was Administratively Denied due to your failure to meet the IU SC % Filing requirement.            The Remand directed the RO to view your IU as an Extra-Scheduler Filing. I don't believe an Extra-Schuler IU Award qualifies for the SMC S Scheduler because all your current SC's are considered the cause of the E-S IU Award. Had an SMC S award been mistakenly granted, a Quality Review would have certainly caught it and Reversed the "S" Award.