Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC S awarded never paid

Rate this question

Msgt Ret

Question

I was awarded SMC S and have not been paid. I submitted a claim for compensation and was told to submit VA Form 21-2680 my problem is I was awarded this in 2012 back dated to 2010. I received a increase in compensation but did not know of the monetary benefits of SMC S. I am afraid that the “VA” is attempting to award in 2018 and not pay retroactive. I was also told when I called the 800 number that it was a mistake and I did not rate SMC S.

Gastone I was not awarded IU until February 2016 this was made RetroActive to September 2012. I posted this here also to Bertha. I first filed this claim in 2008 I appealed the decision because it did not increase any of my disabilities I had claimed. In 2015 the Appeal judge remanded it to Atl. February 2016 Atlanta Va granted TDIU no further exams 100%. No mention of housebound so when I was reviewing other decisions I saw the Housebound already awarded.

M/R, what "other Decisions" did you review, your's or other Vet's Decisions?

Could you post redacted copies of your aforementioned "other Decisions" for us to review?

How about the IU AWARD Letter pages discussing the Rater's IU Decision, detailing exactly which SC Conditions were included in the IU Award?  If the 20% SC and any (1) or more of your 10% SCs (I count 11) are included in the IU Award, you don't hit the seperate 60% CSC SMC S threshold.

Mstg Ret- you get SSDI-

I dont know what for or if the VA knows of that award. I asked here already

Is it for one single condition and if so is that one of the SC conditions?

Can you give us the BVA docket # and Citation # of the BVA remand?

• HadIt.com Elder

I must be getting to old for this,  I still can't find where he was inferred the SMC H.B.

and unless I am not seeing all his ratings?  I only see where he has a 90% combined ratings and the TDIU with P/T and they state he has an overall rating of 100%..

.> where is the other 50% rating bringing him up to the 100%???

90%combined and a 50% seperate rating or combined ratings that add up to 50%   so

90%plus 50% adds up to  95%  and that would be a total of a 100%rating.

I don't see the additional 50% rating he needs to become 100%...and that's from him being at 90% combined...even when given the IU its still a 90% overall rating... but then again unless the TDIU is total & (which it is) then the VA is saying this is considered to be as a over all 100%rating.

the only thing i can think of is  he must have had a 50% rating or higher before the TDIU P/T was awarded  and its just not showing up here.

Unless he is entitled to SMC FOR being infrred to the TDIU P&T because he can't leave home for work....then he should ask that the SMC S H.B. BE GIVING 

but on the other hand he says he has been given the SMC S but not being paid for it?

where does it say he has been given the SMC S H.B.?

Edited by Buck52

"where does it say he has been given the SMC S H.B.?"

It is on Page 1 here but on Page 4 of the initial decision he scanned and attached here.

The 800 # told him this was an error- how did they know that ----from their PC screen- and why didn't the VA send a letter to him advising him of that?

It would be great if he gets SSDI solely for the depressive disorder- and if VA knew of that award, it could change everything here.

Ms Bertha I apologize for incomplete information.

i started getting SSDI in 2012 the claim was filed in 2010. I never received anything from Social Security stating what disabilities I was awarded Disability for.

The docket number for the BVA is 11-07983 I do not see a citation number

Edited by Msgt Ret
I was never provided or received an IU deceision letter from the eater.