Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI doing C & P Exam

Rate this question

navyguy357

Question

I have an appt with LHI to do my C & P exam for my two claims: 1. Service connected restrictive lung disease, claiming worsening for sleep apnea and 2. Hypertension also service connected, claiming worsening

What can I expect at this exam? Although I am service connected for restrictive lung disease, I am claiming sleep apnea because I have two sleep studies with diagnosed as obstructive sleep apnea, one is with VA and they prescribed me a CPAP that I am using now. Also on my decision letter it states that I claimed sleep apnea while in service but they gave me restrictive lung disease service connected.

My hypertension is service connected with a prescription prescribed while in service and it has worsened.

I just had an exam by them in Orlando. The office was small, NP conducted the exam. They sent me papers on the 11th for an exam on the 17th. NP's credentials were on it, but could not verify the training certificates.

Wont be able to give feedback until I get a copy of the DBQ she submits.

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a good idea to be prepared for anything after you file a claim , keep all copies you send the VA and be very prepared  with all your medical evidence before you hit that claim button...as soon as they get your claim they can send you to a C&P.

• HadIt.com Elder

pshaw

when you get to your exam and meet the examiner and you wait for the examiner to ask you to have a seat  or wait until the examiner sits down first then you sit down its just good to do that and has respect to the examiner.

Then just answer all the questions the examiner ask you HONESTLY.

if you can  if he/she ask you something that you don't know just simply say you don't know  or just say it should be in the computer as I submitted that with my claim..anything you submit lay statements medical records anything that pertains to your claim the examiner should have it in the computer in front of him/her

If your in pain just bare it and let the examiner know, if ask about your pain let him/her know how bad it is when its at its worst    if they ask you to give them a # to rate your pain always use your worst day of pain or when you pain is at its worst and give a high pain number  8/9...if they ask you if your in pain now? simple says Yes I am  my pain is always here and never eases up,  my pain medications are suppose to help and maybe they do some but I still have severe pain all the time  ect,,,ect,,, if the examiner does pain measurements make sure he/she uses the proper tool for that and when they bend your knee or ask you to bend over ect,,ect,, scream out in pain at the first indication of your pain  no matter if that pain is not to bad  you need to let the examiner know the first part of the pain when it starts up...don't wait until you can't stand it to say anything.

The examiner may ask you about your sleep and what you use to help you sleep better (medications) and of course he/she can see that you use a CPAP machine and your lay statements and medical records about your OSA.  Just be prepared to answer all the questions ask you.  again be honest.

Always be nice and try to answer all the questions without hesitation. 

After the exam is over the examiner will say this concludes the exam and I will get this all typed up and send back to the VA

Examiner will excuse & you  thank the examiner for his/her time in giving you this exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

pshaw

More tips for your Up Coming C&P

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/c&pexam.html

Not to disagree with Buck52 but I took copies of all pertinent records to my C&P when it was done by an outside examiner.  They both thanked me in that they did not have to search through my entire C file for the evidence.  Yes they are required to read your entire C file but it makes it much easier for them when they have a starting point.  

Great advice! I am just worried that they will examine me for restrictive lung disease (service connected but claimed as sleep apnea) and will see that it is not severe enough to cause my sleep apnea even though I have two sleep studies with one being from VA prescribing me a CPAP and also my blood pressure is good as l0ng as I'm taking my medication so it may or my not be high during my examination.