VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused about how to qualify for SMC?

Rate this question

Leon2015

Question

1) I been reading many things on SMC but I'm still confused so I will just lay my disabilities and hopefully someone can tell me if I initially qualify:

100% Overall Disability Rating

70%Mental Health (MDD)

60% GERD

50% Sleep Apnea

and few other lower rated disabilities

2) Second question I read that the VA will automatically implement a SMC rating is you qualify, how true is this? Will I need to initiate the process if I qualify

Thanks in advance

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Gastone, there are numerous ways to skin a cat. I do not profess to know all the ploys but I've seen about 99% of them. Buie v Shinseki was a piece of work and gave us a lot of ammo for my comments above. VA purposely arranges ratings to deliver the very least they can in hopes you'll accept it and go home. Remember all the admonitions we get from VSOs to fold up and shut up for fear they'll take our 10% away for tinnitus if we file new claims too soon afterwards? 

I have a daisy I'm arguing the 19th in front of a VLJ here in Seattle. He has (had) myelodysplasctic Syndrome and a bone marrow txplant. VA rated him on residuals and dropped him to 10%. My Congressman asked me to step in. VA neglected to give him 60%, 40%  for secondaries of Graft Versus Host Disease  and a real rating for his MDS. It's pretty common medical knowledge GVHD is a side effect of a txplant. Accident? No, I don't believe it. I managed to pull out a TDIU that should be a 100% schedular and got $0 dollars for it, personally. They were all new claims I jammed in to get him out of the poorhouse and a well-deserved future DIC for his wife. They gave him the TDIU solely for the 60%. Now we fight for SMC L and beyond. The Travel Board hearing is to get him his 100% back to the reduction to 10%. Get this. They used the language in DC 7704 to deny an increase under DC 7703. Another accident? I don't quibble over gross VA ignorance. The fallout is what I have to deal with. 

Some have insinuated I do this for the bucks. Shoot, ask Loyal about my finances. You can see my house from outer space.The one thing  I don't need is money. I need a new liver. That, my friend, you cannot buy. If wishes were Cadillacs, we'd all be riding in style. 

Edited by asknod

A-N, at ease on the "numerous ways to skin the CAT," my wife is a very sensitive CAT Lover, myself I like them fine with Garlic and chopped onion. No chapped lips during the winter.

I probably won't show her my comments, might have to kick my arse before I get back into fighting shape. Never again in this lifetime.

A-N, another stroke, will Stool Softener help my "amalgam" be relieved?

Even if the New-Meats aren't first successful getting the SC Rating they are efforting, they certainly got an A-N Comp Education.