VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need assistance got DRO Hearing Soon wirh no rep??

Rate this question

Jumbo2016$

Question

I am appealing Earlier Effective Dates for SMC S...Aid and Attendance...and Female Gyn Conditions...and CUE ..I thought i had a handle on things but im starting to feel unprepared. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thnx for your assistance.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

You don't want to tell the DRO the N & M Evidence is in your VMC Med Records, he should access and read at the Hearing, it's up to you to "FURNISH" the N 7 M Evidence. Would be wise to start making copies to present or you could be looking at a DRO Administrative Denial.

What was the Date of your original Denial Letter and subsequent NOD Filing? Have you sent any N & M Evidence in at all?

My original denial letter 8/15/97...i appealed...The last denial letter 11/04/2014...ive gathered all my decision letters and all my old evidence...i do have new medical evidence as well but have not sent it in...

Call the VSOs Tuesday, doesn't sound like you should go it alone.

Official DRO Hearings are Sworn, Recorded and Transcribed. You do have an option to request an "Informal Hearing." No Swearing in, non-recorded or Transcribed. It depends on how articulate you believe yourself to be in presenting your Appealed Issues and the Proofs (Evidence Supporting your Position).

Keep in mind, you can't rely on "Old Evidence of Record" that was already in the possession of the VA Rater that denied your Claim. DRO Reviews and Hearings requirements mandate that the Vet supply post Denial decision N & M Evidence to the Rating Dept DRO. Failure to do so will result in an Administrative Denial of your Appeal.

With the "Informal Hearing," the DRO will discuss the quality of your N & M E and you could get an Award Decision immediately or a postponement to gather whatever Evidence the DRO Specifically requests. With the Formal Sworn Hearing, you or your Rep will present your case, the DRO may or may not ask some probing questions, then the wait begins. The DRO's Decision could take another 7+ months and up to a year for the Transcription of the Hearing to be available.