Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ramp

Rate this question

Unique11128

Question

I selected The higher level review lane with a informal conference April 5. I checked Ebenefits yesterday and it says status: Pending Decision Approval. I'm happy that they are working on my Appeal but I'm confused how there has been a decision made and neither me or my lawyer received a call from The DRO. Has anyone else experienced this situation.. I'm not sure what to think.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Wayne Tx,

My claim was initially filed in Houston but once I opt in Ramp it was transferred to Phoenix..unfortunately I was denied on June 28th..So I will have to file another appeal. Good luck to you I hope you win your case.

The struggle continues!

On 6/17/2018 at 7:17 AM, Unique11128 said:

I selected The higher level review lane with a informal conference April 5. I checked Ebenefits yesterday and it says status: Pending Decision Approval. I'm happy that they are working on my Appeal but I'm confused how there has been a decision made and neither me or my lawyer received a call from The DRO. Has anyone else experienced this situation.. I'm not sure what to think.

I selected the higher level review within the RAMP program on March 16th and requested an informal conference.  About ten days ago someone from the VA who I am assuming was the reviewing officer, called to see when I could schedule the informal conference.  I had missed the call so called back as the review officer requested in the voicemail, and I spoke to a VA rep who asked what days that week I would be available, I basically said I will be available any day, any time that week she asked for a few specific days and times so we discussed that and she said they would notify me via phone as soon as they had it scheduled.  I never got the call and I went back into eBenefits at the end of the week and the status said, "Decision Packet Sent" and underneath the status it said HLR informal no longer necessary.

So it has been about 5 days so i am still waiting on the decision packet.  However, they have made a decision without granting me the informal conference.  I am not sure what to think about it.  I could think that this is actually a good sign and that they decided to grant my appealed claim and didn't think a conference was necessary OR I could think this is the typical VA response...making a hasty decision and will deny the claim and state that "I" never responded to their request to schedule the review conference.  Who knows... I guess I'll find out in a few days when I receive the packet.  I continue to check eBenefits>Disabilities daily and there has not been any changes to my current disabilities list.

I will keep you informed of how this turns out.

Edited by SadlerBar

if you get a call from the VA asking you to confirm your bank account routing number and information...

theres abt 99.99999999   percent chance you won..