VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sending out an SOS

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

NEEDED . veteran friendly mental health doctor in the great state of texas,

we are playing the evidence game with the  VA  and were are down one ,  (strange how that happens when the person they send you to at VES gets thier check from the VA)....thanks Dr Mara  ... so  we  need a reasonably priced IME  Doctor of psychiatry in preferably Tejas... , but if needed will travel to  oklahoma,  thank ye!  Pro BUENO    (pro bono,, free,, gratis..) would be awesome, but willing to pay reasonable fee. 

Its a great question, and I hope you find the answer.  However, you may be asking in the wrong place, tho there may be people here who can help.  (Buck?)

Instead, go to your local VAMC and talk to some of the patients in the waiting room.  

"Do you like your doctor?  Was he Veteran friendly?"  Be sure to ask for a name..whether they like the doc or not.  Write it down if you have to, to remember.  Keep a scorecard.  Give each doc a + when Vets like and recommend him, give em a - when they dont.  

Get the feedback from a few, then put a physician change request in for that doctor, if you are dissatisfied with your current vA mental health doc.

Use the time waiting to see your doc wisely.  Many Vets will tell you.  Some dont want to talk, and thats ok.  

If a Vet asked me, I would tell them who to see at my VAMC.  

I have a great VAMC physician.  I would have never won my benefits without him.  

Im not even sure why he likes me.  But he does what he can to help me.  Every time.  He provided a nexus statment for me, back when I thought a Nexus was a car made by Toyota.  

Ask at your VAMC.  Make friends with other Veterans.  Group therapy is a great place.  

Edited by broncovet

This might be something to check out.  There are two listed on the first one in Texas but I do not know how far from you.

https://www.imenet.com/specialties/psychiatry

https://www.jurispro.com/expert/sanjay-adhia-md-4964

Good luck.

Another one. https://www.imenet.com/search?utf8=✓&search[query]=&search[kind]=normal&search[specialty]=275&search[location]=37&commit=Search

Edited by vetquest
  • HadIt.com Elder

I don't know of any private MH Dr's just have to call around, most or all my M.H .PTSD was diagnose by VA Dr's .

I never got any help from them for my PTSD Claim, my STR and in service records from Vietnam Help mostly with my claim, the VA MH Dr's were no help at all  they said claims were not their job, But a VA Phyistrist did Diagnose me for Chronic PTSD. and did state that my PTSD was likely cause from trauma that I witness from my Vietnam service. DD 214 Help also with the location and dates and operations I was in. (Special Operations Unit)

..I just used my records from Nam mostly and lucky for me  I had a  Phyistrist  who was a veteran Dr do my C & P (not sure that helped?)

I'll do some research and see who I can find that does MH IME's (Independent Medical Evaluations.)

Edited by Buck52

Is this for a higher rating of SC PTSD? Or a better EED for  SC PTSD?

If so have you tried Dr. Brett Valette? His contact info should be searchable here.

we are trying to get initial service connection for anxiety/depression.  current diagnosis is solid, now we need Nexus of origination in service.  Mental health doc with connections or affiliations with pre natal, post natal, maternity issues would be a bonus.  we may take a 2 pronged approach as well and get a maternity doc and mental health doc opinions.

Thanks very much for the help, we will check into these folks.

Before you spend too much money on an IMO/IME, check to see if there is an "in service event" or aggravation, which is prong 2 of the Caluza elements (required) for service connection. You would find that in your SMR,s if there is any.  It must be documented.   An IMO doctor can not provide an "in service event" or aggravation, these will need to be present in your service records.  Absent an in service event or aggravation, an IMO/IME is useless because you would not be able to fulfill all 3 caluza elements (current diagnosis, in service event, nexus)  necessary for service connection.  

All 3 caluza elements are required, 2 out of three wont suffice.  

Edited by broncovet

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use