Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE and Good News To Share

Rate this question

JeanBean217

Question

A couple of months ago, I came on hadit for advice on a possible CUE and increasing my 0% rating for a bladder disfunction that had returned after a surgery was reversed.  I took the advice here and had my doctor do a DBQ for me.  I uploaded it to ebenefits, as a fully developed claim, along with the request for an increase and some medical records I had.  The VA sent me for a C&P exam a couple weeks ago and the claim is now closed.  I haven't received my brown envelope yet, but I was able to download my benefits letters on ebenefits.  I am now rated at 100% and am also considered to be P&T, which was a total suprise.  So, needless to say, I am very happy with the outcome, and wanted to thank those here who offered advice.  This claim went so fast, from start to finish.  I'm amazed.

One question:  Is there a big difference between being a 100% schedular and being 100% P&T?  I thought I read somewhere there are some extra benefits me or my family may be entitled to.  If so, if someone could post a link to where this is explained, I would appreciate it.

This is Wonderful News Jean! And it did go fast!

Thanks everyone, for the comments and advice.  Looks like I have a lot of research to do. 

I am retired, so the ID card part is already covered.  I would like to look further into the education benefits for my children, as they are both in high school now.  I have Tricare standard, so I wonder if I should cancel it and go with CHAMPVA now.  I like that I can go to local doctors with my TRICARE, but I also have co-pays and deductables to meet.  Life insurance is something I could use.  When I retired, I did not continue with the SGLI, because I couldn't afford it at the time.  I'm in TX, so no more property taxes for me!  That's a real bonus, because it will knock almost $300 per month off of my house payment.  I've never even heard of the Independant living program.  I'll have to research that one too. 

I'm so glad they deemed me P&T.  It's nice knowing that I won't have to get any more exams.  

Edited by JeanBean217

Looking at CHAMPVA, I guess my children and I do not qualify, due to the fact we have TRICARE.  I'm having trouble finding the info on the life insurance.  If anyone can point me in the right direction for that one, I'd really appreciate it.