Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE and Good News To Share

Rate this question

JeanBean217

Question

A couple of months ago, I came on hadit for advice on a possible CUE and increasing my 0% rating for a bladder disfunction that had returned after a surgery was reversed.  I took the advice here and had my doctor do a DBQ for me.  I uploaded it to ebenefits, as a fully developed claim, along with the request for an increase and some medical records I had.  The VA sent me for a C&P exam a couple weeks ago and the claim is now closed.  I haven't received my brown envelope yet, but I was able to download my benefits letters on ebenefits.  I am now rated at 100% and am also considered to be P&T, which was a total suprise.  So, needless to say, I am very happy with the outcome, and wanted to thank those here who offered advice.  This claim went so fast, from start to finish.  I'm amazed.

One question:  Is there a big difference between being a 100% schedular and being 100% P&T?  I thought I read somewhere there are some extra benefits me or my family may be entitled to.  If so, if someone could post a link to where this is explained, I would appreciate it.

Your family is entitled to ChampVA and usually education benefits as well...also sometimes your locality state has a few tax benefits of their own for you check out your county website

https://cck-law.com/news/newsfaq-friday-permanent-and-total-pt-disability/

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Jean Bean217

P&T is your permanent and total disabled and your disability is not expected to improve within your life time and no future exams scheduled.

The 100% P&T Veterans get all the benefits offered  with the exception of SMC that is Inferred ..but with P&T you get The ChampVA Medical Insurance for your spouse and educational allowances for you and your spouse and children  under age 23 I believe...and you can get the DOD I.D. Cards made for commissary shopping at any Military Insulation/Fort  or Post, check with your State and local community for other benefits.

Following SMC , Now if you ever have another S.C. Condition come up & you file a claim for it and its rated at 60% by it's self  then that would meet the SMC Criteria  along with your 100% P&T.

Again Congratulations on your P&T.

You can get an ID card (and family) if you live near a commissary and shop there.
Free Life insurance. Premiums are waived.

You can also get into the Independent Living program (ILP) with the VR&E. Asknod is fighting for a brand new, fully functional green house 😎.

Check your state tax code, in Florida 100% P&T are exempt from property taxes.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!