VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

COLA or increase compensation for 2019?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody heard if were getting any kind of raise in 2019  on compensation or cost of living?

Just curious.?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have seen estimates in the 2.8 % to 3.2% range.  CPI-W numbers should come out around Oct. 11.  

It should be something just under an additional $100 per month for 100 percent Vets.  Of course, this depends on how many dependents you have, whether or not you have SMC, etc, and where the actual percent falls.  We should know by Oct 11 or 12.  

It seems like I recall the president Froze the raises (Cola) for gov. employees, which sounds fair, because Obama "froze" social security and Vets out for 3 seperate years, and mostly still gave raises to government employees.  (We got zero cola for 3 different years of the Obama admin, which were the only years in history that social security and Vets did not get a raise.)  

Its unclear is social security recipients will actually get a raise...you see, most of us get medicare taken out, and, if medicare increases more than the raise, we dont (always) get a raise.   Im not sure if medicare will go up or not, I think its 134 per month for part B right now.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Well its never going to be fair for Veterans, Members of Congress comes first  they get paid 125x's more then a 100%veteran and expect no cuts.

I have to give the President Trump credit  he takes his presidential salary and donates all but one dollar to veterans or a good charity cause.  him and  the late President John F Kennedy donated their complete presidential salary.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well you can look up what congressman you want to know about  and it will give his yearly salary and his investments. I look up my senator from Texas  Ted Cruz and his salary is  174.000.00 Year he has a net worth of 3.6 million to 4.5 million with investments.

It is difficult to provide an exact value for Ted Cruz's net worth because members of the Senate are required only to disclose estimates of their holdings.

The $3.6 million figure represents an average of minimum and maximum values of his assets in 2016.

• HadIt.com Elder

just my opinion 

this is where all the $$ is going and why veterans are paid peanuts  the congress people get the most and there's not much left to dish out to disabled veterans.

so we get what we can get and that's it. 

yes a lot of the $$ is going out to different and well plan out programs  and Veterans pay is on that list of programs.,..but the way the system works  the congress people are well paid and took care of first even if some of them never served in the military  so not much left after paying out those ridiculous high salaries to congress.

jmo