VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What happens after BVA win?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I don't care about how long, but rather what happens. I read a lot but idk which fits my situation and fellow veterans. For us veterans that have already been receiving VA comp and just won a better backdate; with a lawyer. What comes next?

2 hours ago, JefftheVET said:

I think I may have asked the question incorrectly. I was wondering how long after you were granted did you get your backpay?

From the time the 'claim' closed to money in the bank was 2 business days.

[12-03-2018] Received a letter from the department of Veterans Affairs; Evidence Intake Center. It says....

Entitlement to individual unemployability is granted effective December 8, 2011

Then it goes on to show payment start dates. It shows every date which had a payment change, but the first payment start date is NOV 1, 2013...

So the rest is still coming or the VA made another mistake and forgot to pay me another 23 months...

EDIT: I did receive a 2nd letter stating the total award amount and attorney fees... Only problem is the VA sent me someone else's decision under my name... Cover letter says my name, but the rest of the paperwork is someone else's....

Edited by 11cvolley

This may be an effective date issue.  When I was finally awarded IU they did not date it to the file date, they dated it seven years later to the date where an examination showed I was entitled to IU.  If you feel this was wrong file an appeal.  I was already at the BVA and I filed an appeal and the effective date was backdated to the date of filing.

11 minutes ago, vetquest said:

This may be an effective date issue.  When I was finally awarded IU they did not date it to the file date, they dated it seven years later to the date where an examination showed I was entitled to IU.  If you feel this was wrong file an appeal.  I was already at the BVA and I filed an appeal and the effective date was backdated to the date of filing.

My lawyer will be doing that; im sure of that. If i'm owed more in the end at least I can't touch it right now. So no temptation to blow it before mid 2020 when I can buy a house with the VA home loan.