Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Remand decision question

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

A lil background first. I've had an ongoing appeal with 5 medical issues since 2004. It was remanded and new c&ps were done 6 months ago.

I got an award letter today for 1 of the 5 issues. The letter only addressed the 1 issue and did not make reference to the other 4.

So my question is if that's normal? Will I be receiving separate letters for the other issues? Thanks in advance.

Tony

33 minutes ago, Berta said:

This does sound odd-

I wonder about this too:

"The same Dr did 3 exams 6 months ago." I wonder if this doctor had any expertise in any of those disabilities.

Have you obtained the C & P exam results to see if any of them were favorable?

I think you should file an IRIS inquery:

Go to https://www.va.gov/

They are touting their new web site. 

Preview the New VA.gov—Built with Veterans, for Veterans

We're making some improvements to VA.gov. Our new site offers one place to access all VA benefits and health care services. You can sign in with your My HealtheVet, DS Logon, or ID.me account to track your claims, refill your prescriptions, and more.

We invite you to try out the new VA.gov before it officially launches.":wacko:

Click on the Contact US thing in the upper Right of the site page, then click on Ask a Qusstion, and they will direct you to IRIS.

You will be asked a few more questions, such as the RO you deal with etc, and you can ask them what happened to the other issues you had pending.

I always suggest asking for an email reply instead of phone reply ( so that you have hard copy of what they say)

:wacko:

Thanks Berta. No I never obtained the c&ps. However on advice from broncovet I learned from my vet serv rep that other issues were "deferred". So a lil more waiting time is in order.

Tony

2 more months have passed and haven't heard squat on the remands. Got a feeling this is definitely going into next year. Bummer but not surprising tho.

Tony

If I were you I would call the whitehouse hotline I’ve always had good results with my claims or issues you may be experiencing ....where is your home RO this is an outrage for this wait let them know your details.

White House VA Hotline:  1-855-948-2311.

Calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.  The hotline is staffed by veterans and Trends identified by the hotline will be used to rapidly respond to systemic inefficiencies and empower VA employees to resolve Veteran concerns quickly.

Edited by jfrei

yeah- something seem wrong here-

"Thanks Berta. No I never obtained the c&ps. However on advice from broncovet I learned from my vet serv rep that other issues were "deferred". So a lil more waiting time is in order."

As a hardcore claimant when I see 'my vet rep' said or whatever- it is always a good idea to see what the VA actually says---unless you have documentation in email from the vet rep-

The VARO usually states in any decision if they have deferred something.

I suggest you send them an IRIS request because I read the old posts and this is very concerning:

: "This rating decision represents a full and final determination of this issue on appeal. As such, this issue is considered resolved in full."

I also just realised I am repeating the advice I already gave you.

File an IRIS complaint and get copies of the C & P exams.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Can you give us the Docket number and Citation # of the remand?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Oh oh, va.gov is showing ssoc mailed to me on 6/19/19. Haven't received it yet, rating hasn't changed and no extra monies received. Have a feeling it's bad news.

Edited by raidertone

Tony