Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grant Pending ?

Rate this question

rag ft myers

Question

I am new to forum and to posting so please bare with me.

I had a BVA decision grant me 70% for adjustment disorder, they also granted TDUI back to March 3 2004.

This was a month and a half ago, I asked via chat the VA what was my status there reply BVA Grant pending. What does this mean calculating ? Pending what ?

Ebenefits shows nothing new. I am confused.

Thanks Robert

26 minutes ago, rag ft myers said:

Exactly but it looks like my and your time frames are close-so hopefully I see something soon ? on e benefits would my diabilities show 100% once the TDiu is put in place ?

I'm not sure. I actually went from 70% to the real 100% P&T. The IU rating is just now finished. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Vetquest

you can be TDIU P&T and still be concidered 90% service connected...they do this for veterans that don't quite make the 100%  but can't work due to their S.C Disability

However  now that you have a IU Rating at combined 90% rating and being paid at the 100%level  if you ever have another separate and distinct  Condition that warrants a 60% rating  then that opens the SMC Doors...usally making the IU MOOT at this point and your considered to have a 100% Final Degree rating  with SMC.

okay..Buck52 and Vetquest. Going into this BVA decision I was rated 10% r ankle 10% left ankle and 50% Adjustment disorder. And was being paid at a rate of 60% back to 2008.

I have attached a copy of my grant. It gives me 70% Adjustment disorder.

Then "Entitlement to a total Disability rating based in IU due to to service conneted disability (TDIU) is granted. (this of course is on the cover page)

I will hand type the last few paragraphs of the order. (as best I can 🙂

As such TDIU is granted from March 3, 2004. (then it moves onto SMC)

"As shown above the Board has awarded TDIU based on Adjustment Disorder with depressed mood and anxiety disorder NOS alone. Thus, Service connected Adujustment Disorder with depressed mood and anxiety disorder NOS is rated as total fot the eentire period. The Veteran also has an additional Disability rated at 100% from April 4 , 2008 to June 1, 2008, and August 4, 2008 to temporary total rating from from April 4, 2008 to June 1,2008 and his left ankle disability was in reciept of a temporary total rating from August 4 2008 to October 1 2008.

As the Veteran has a single service connected disability rated asa total and has additi0onal service connected disabilities independently ratable at 60%, seperate and distinct from the service connected disability and involving different anatomical segments of bodily systems, the criteria for SMC at at the housebound rate are met for the above dates.

)then its is signed by the judge)

Now at Ro awaiting payment ?

But in a nutshell -laymens terms what the hell does all that mean.

Thanks for all the wisdom you share.

Edited by rag ft myers

• HadIt.com Elder

It's Great News

It means your  rich man...you been granted IU dated back from4-4 -2008 to present and granted SMC HB dated from  9-30-2008 to present

Which involves a boo-coo retro payment  which may take a while for the signatures needed to release the $$ to you... 

Just follow instructions in your award packet...and use all the 100% benefits that your entitled too.

Congratulations 

Buck actuall it states my TDIU is granted back to 2004. But does this mean because it is all service connected I will be rated 100% ? I still dont follow the SMC thing-cause the dates are for 2 month increments. 15 years brother,  I spent 14 years in service and 15 years almost for this.

Does it sound like it should be a done deal ? I know noone on here is a lawyer-but you guys sure know the ropes.

thanks

+ whatever they owe they will subtract the $1000 a month I been getting for 60%?