VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused and need some help

Rate this question

RobWilliams1981

Question

Ok so on 11/7 I got a letter stating that a decision was made in the amount of $34,000 (before lawyer fees)

And they would be taking $6,600 (20%) for lawyer fees.

However now in a 12/24 letter they are saying they are saying $27,000 (before lawyer fees) and taking $6,600 (20% of $34,000) for lawyer fees.

So how does VA just change the retro, no info, states they are taking the 20% at the original amount. But only paying me the new amount.

What do I need to do as the short changed me over $8K

(did not put the exact about just enough to show point I'm trying to make as the math does not add up.)

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When you add the 20% to what you are getting does it add up to $34,000 (Appx)? If so then you are getting the correct amount since your attorney is entitled to their fees (20%). 

Hmmm. $27,000 (or thereabouts) + 20% ($6,800) equals almost $34,000.  First, VA never pays us for 3-4 months after a decision is rendered. You have 60 days to pitch a bitch after you receive the decision if you feel something is wrong or you feel you were overcharged/underpaid. It's virtually impossible to comment on your decision when no one can review it for accuracy.