Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spouse question

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

My wife wants to know if she is able to pick up my medications otherwise I’ll be short for the weekend and cannot get to the VA myself tomorrow? I never really thought about it seems legit but I’d rather ask instead of her waiting to be told know. She’s a ChampVA recipient but it’s for me so I never asked before?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It depends on the VAMC , I know at my VAMC I can give my spouse my Veterans ID Card and Drivers License and they will let her pick up my Meds..but without any ID they won't.

I think it depends on your VAMC  ...my spouse uses Meds by Mail now. and I just get my meds renewed on MyHeatthVet and they mail them to me

Thats what you should do Jfrei.

12 hours ago, Buck52 said:

It depends on the VAMC , I know at my VAMC I can give my spouse my Veterans ID Card and Drivers License and they will let her pick up my Meds..but without any ID they won't.

I think it depends on your VAMC  ...my spouse uses Meds by Mail now. and I just get my meds renewed on MyHeatthVet and they mail them to me

Thats what you should do Jfrei.

I use have my meds mailed as well but once in awhile they have to be picked up, like if it is something urgent or if I had a procedure done or if I went to a non va care appointment. Often, I will go in and go see the clinical pharmacist to get the approval but it still takes them a gosh dang 3-4 hours to fill that prescription so both my husband and my 19 year old are in the system as my (NON PAID) caregivers because cough cough pre 9.11 so they allow them to pick up my meds with zero issues.