Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I apply for a higher rating?

Rate this question

david dupe

Question

I really need some direction please. I receive 100% I/u pt. They rated me as follows, All service connected. Bronchitis, chronic 10%, Arteriosclerrotic heart disease 60%, hypertensive vascular disease 10%, radius impairment 10%, degenerative arthritis (spine) 10%, chronic adjustment disorder 10%, prior to my rating I lost my spleen due to a infarction and it’s not rated. I was also denied on my central sleep apnea, I went through va sleep study and given a nasal cpap machine, they said it’s not service connected. Since all of these ratings I have the following wrong with me. Stroke,afib, stent(heart), aorta heart valve replaced(leaking), they noticed minutes before my surgery that I was enemic and gave me blood.ive been diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few times lately, I was first diagnosed with it and put on lasics in 2005. Should I apply for a higher percentage? I need some direction please!!!!

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

21 minutes ago, david dupe said:

I'm on my way to see my pic md. At va, is there anything that I should ask them???

Asking a VA doc about disability is a hit or miss. Some will answer;others will get defensive or flat out lie to you.

A VA podiatrist made a diagnosis of flat feet then redacted that saying that I didn't have flat feet yet I showed him his own dr.note of his original diagnosis and he denied it to my face.

Report your worst symptoms and how it is affecting your daily living activities  (DLA's). You want to build medical evidence that way.

I seen my pic md. They put in a request to see my cardiologist quicker than Aug now it's march. I described chest pains that I've been experiencing and their copd not conj ht failure hmmm.  They seemed to be very concerned with my newly found (April) Anemia, they say my numbers are borderline fusion #. They r really pushing a colonoscopy (I'm 56) since they seen some blood or something from a test I had a few months ago where I swallowed a capsule camera, the md from the colon clinic called me schedule also a month ago. 

My md did say there's a good chance the thrombocystosis that I have caused my spleen infarction (removed) and my stroke. If I read correctly this will also cause my central sleep apnea.  Anybody famailiar with or experienced these problems?

On 1/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, Richard1954 said:

"...I used Dr. Anise to write me a statement for  a left knee injury and sleep apnea..."

@Richard1954 - Is this the Dr. Ainse in Florida? If so, where does she work please? I need a Doctor I can go for a consultation to that is a reasonable distance from central Florida.

I did have a md at Bham type me a letter for Ssdi stating that I could not hold down full time employment, I got my ssdi. He did say not to show it to the va, but I did use it to get my I/u. It's a shame the va md's are apparently told not to help us!!