Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I apply for a higher rating?

Rate this question

david dupe

Question

I really need some direction please. I receive 100% I/u pt. They rated me as follows, All service connected. Bronchitis, chronic 10%, Arteriosclerrotic heart disease 60%, hypertensive vascular disease 10%, radius impairment 10%, degenerative arthritis (spine) 10%, chronic adjustment disorder 10%, prior to my rating I lost my spleen due to a infarction and it’s not rated. I was also denied on my central sleep apnea, I went through va sleep study and given a nasal cpap machine, they said it’s not service connected. Since all of these ratings I have the following wrong with me. Stroke,afib, stent(heart), aorta heart valve replaced(leaking), they noticed minutes before my surgery that I was enemic and gave me blood.ive been diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few times lately, I was first diagnosed with it and put on lasics in 2005. Should I apply for a higher percentage? I need some direction please!!!!

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yea it's a crying shame!!!

im pretty sure that I read on here that if you lost a organ sc that it was rated at 100% I lost my gallbladder and spleen.lastnight I read read I read a removed spleen is 20%. They never rated me for my gallbladder which happened on active duty.  

Sorry about any typos that stroke has me a little messed up.

which one is right.????

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you should try and get the stroke SC because you have SC High Blood.   You should try and connect any condition that is in any way related to your heart condition.  Did you have OSA in service and can you prove it?   I think you need your own private doctor to tie all these secondary conditions to your primary conditions (HBP and Heart Disease).  I can't understand in a way why VA medical cannot understand the relationship between you high blood and your stroke.  Nor can I understand them not connecting your other conditions as secondary to your heart condition.  If you don't set it up for them so that even a moron could not miss then miss it they will. 

Thanks for the info. I haven’t filed for a higher rating since my rating in 2005.the bottom line, someone opinion makes me nervous!!

i wanted yalls opinion before I filed and I was hoping for the codes and how to file each problem, I have records to prove all this.

i will be filing on splenectomy,central sleep apnea, stroke,afibulation, heart stent, aortic valve replaced, anemia, conjestive heart failure.thrombocytosis.

will my Ssdi make a difference?

I would look at 38 CFR 4. Look at what you’re currently rates at. Look at what you’re cureently diagnoses at and determined based on the rating schedule if you qualify. Woe if caution though, keep in mind that everything is open to review. I have seen people that tried to go for an increase and they ended up getting a decrease. 

On 1/26/2019 at 5:52 PM, wirat said:

@Richard1954 - Is this the Dr. Ainse in Florida? If so, where does she work please? I need a Doctor I can go for a consultation to that is a reasonable distance from central Florida.

I am not sure .. but here is his information 

http://www.danaise.com/