Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I apply for a higher rating?

Rate this question

david dupe

Question

I really need some direction please. I receive 100% I/u pt. They rated me as follows, All service connected. Bronchitis, chronic 10%, Arteriosclerrotic heart disease 60%, hypertensive vascular disease 10%, radius impairment 10%, degenerative arthritis (spine) 10%, chronic adjustment disorder 10%, prior to my rating I lost my spleen due to a infarction and it’s not rated. I was also denied on my central sleep apnea, I went through va sleep study and given a nasal cpap machine, they said it’s not service connected. Since all of these ratings I have the following wrong with me. Stroke,afib, stent(heart), aorta heart valve replaced(leaking), they noticed minutes before my surgery that I was enemic and gave me blood.ive been diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few times lately, I was first diagnosed with it and put on lasics in 2005. Should I apply for a higher percentage? I need some direction please!!!!

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thx da joker 12

question for da joker 12

I looked up 38cfr 4 and I not sure where to start for me. Since my stroke I don't understand what I read as well as I use to.

heres a list of my ratings. All SC

1. 10% hypertensive vascular disease 2. 10% bronchitis chronic 3. 10% bronchitis  impairment 4. 10% degenerative arthritis of spine 5. 10% chronic adjustment disorder 6. 60% arteriosclerotic heart diseae 

on my last question I have a list of thing that I will be filing on, how would you break down secondary etc. 

with all of this that I have been through and still going through since my rating including my SSDI, do you really think that they would try to decrease my rating???

Hya David,

If you have all this going on, I am sure you have access to some reliable medical care. You should ask the MD in charge of your care if there is a connection between all of these conditions. If you get an affirmative reply, just ask for the MD to note the etiology in your medical records. File an claim for secondary conditions using that as your nexus. If you get the MD on your side, its not very hard to get an increase.  The VA will generally go along with whatever you submit from an MD unless its really unbelievable. Ive done this 3 times so far.

At my last md app I asked my md if my spleen stroke etc. had anything to do with the thrombocystosis that i have, he said yes!! I hope that he he put that in my record, I'll find out, if not I'll get that put in there.

ive been dealing with hypertension since my mid twenties on active duty, I took a stress test for a physical readynes test, by the time the md got my bp it was like 278 over 140, they started me on meds then. 

I was rated 30% about 2 months after I got out, they lowered this rating to 10% at my last rating. They took my bp at a cmp and they said it was under control from that meeting.

YEA THEY MAKE ME NERVOUS!!!

I would recommend asking the doctor to add this to your medical records instead of waiting to see if they add it. I always do this instead of waiting to see what they enter. Good luck and I hope you get everything approved.

• HadIt.com Elder

You blood pressure is very high without your meds.  I cannot believe they reduced you to 10%.  You should fight that IMO.  Even if your meds loser the HBP that is a dangerous level.  If you forgot to take your meds for a few days you might be making up the heavenly choir.

• HadIt.com Elder

Things that help make a Veterans life better like Medications   even Hearing Aids  they can't use that against a vet to reduse him/her ,  you have to show improvement without these aids.