Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I apply for a higher rating?

Rate this question

david dupe

Question

I really need some direction please. I receive 100% I/u pt. They rated me as follows, All service connected. Bronchitis, chronic 10%, Arteriosclerrotic heart disease 60%, hypertensive vascular disease 10%, radius impairment 10%, degenerative arthritis (spine) 10%, chronic adjustment disorder 10%, prior to my rating I lost my spleen due to a infarction and it’s not rated. I was also denied on my central sleep apnea, I went through va sleep study and given a nasal cpap machine, they said it’s not service connected. Since all of these ratings I have the following wrong with me. Stroke,afib, stent(heart), aorta heart valve replaced(leaking), they noticed minutes before my surgery that I was enemic and gave me blood.ive been diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few times lately, I was first diagnosed with it and put on lasics in 2005. Should I apply for a higher percentage? I need some direction please!!!!

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yea I was rated hbp 30% sc a couple of months after I got out. I'll never forget because I didn't see my monthly check until my early out $ around $40k was payed back. I was mad when I heard this.

my next to last rating before my I/u was approved states.

vso requested, sc for coronary artery disease as secondary to the sc disability of hypertension, to include claim for residuals of heart attack. Gives a long reason of what's going on with me. Then states sc for cad has been established as related to the sc disability of hypertension.

an evaluation of 60% is assigned from 2/05

2. Evaluation of hypertension currently evaluated as 10% disabling.

va examination shows no subjective complaints of problems with your bp on the day of your exam, your bp was 152/75. You have been taking bp meds since 1986. Diagnosis: hypertension with questionable diastolic dysfunction from longstanding hypertension.

the evaluation for hypertension is continued as 10% disabling.

heres some in patient bp readings when I had my stroke.11/15/15 1421pm. 164/88 11/16/15 98/53 at 1100 am. I'm pretty sure they were giving more meds to control my bp.

most of the time at md appt. they take my bp a couple times before they are satisfied. The walk from the waiting room to md office raises my bp. 

• HadIt.com Elder

check this link out from the OIG Office

It proves we need second opinions  on things like this...simply b/c we can't trust the VA Doc's

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USVAOIG/bulletins/22b9397

Edited by Buck52

My question is after reading the OIG report is why was the doctor not fired or even better yet close down the clinic. The vet could have died because of this doctor not doing their job!

Ill have to keep a closer eye on things and question the nurses..

i have been thinking about hiring a civilian MD. To go through my records and having him help me fill out my paperwork for sc % increase. That way I have a honest opinion with what's wrong with me..

hoe does the va look at this??? 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree paulstrgn

''The VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) identified a primary care provider who appeared to have falsely documented patients’ blood pressure readings at the Danville Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) of the Salem VA Medical Center (facility), Virginia.''

what good is it to Identify the care provider who appeared to falsely the BP? If they don't do anything to the Dr? 

Veterans could pay their life for this kind of BS.

Edited by Buck52