VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw my SVO about IU form

Rate this question

Wanderer

Question

In my decision letter, they mentioned UI was deferred because I have not submitted the proper form (is that an indication it's sorta pre-approved?). So, I went to my SVO for help to fill it out but she gave me the forms for my past employers. Said to have the HR departments of my 7 jobs fill them out and mail them to me. 
Is this standard operating procedure?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When I finally lost my job my doctor wrote a letter saying I was no longer physically able to perform the job duties required.  They dropped my like a hot rock.  They informed the VA that I missed time due to my health, that I could not be trusted to work a full 40 hour week.  Speak to your employer or HR and see if they are willing to fill out a form for you.

I also filed charges against them with the EEOC. Could those documents be used as proof? It includes my statement made about a year ago and filed officially about them denying two requests for accommodations (wouldn't give me a day off for my sleep test that I was desperate to get to treat my sleep apnea and stop the brain damage) even with two doctor's signatures. I'm sure they'll give me copies if I can't find mine.
Dang, I should find the copy of the VA sleep doc's recommendations after getting my sleep lab results. It showed my blood oxygen perfusion getting down to 55% twice an hour.