VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost a Year....

Rate this question

Inarticulate&Distorted

Question

Its almost a year now since i was approved 100% for IU and Total and Permanent. should i be expecting this form in the mail from the VA or should i be proactive and fill one out and send it in? Opinions would be appreciated, or even better, a weblink to the appropriate regulations.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Be proactive.  If you knew "how many times" VA claimed to mail this or that form, and we did not get it, you would know what I mean.  If the VA requires a form, its your resposibility to get it and send it in.  Download and print it, go to your VSO, call VA and get them to mail you one, or whatever.  

Do you want to take a chance with your beneftis?  

Buck indicated you dont need to send in the form provided that you had zero income.  This said, I recently read of a Vet who lost tdiu because he did not send in the form and had 18 cents in income.  Apparently, a company he had worked for in the past did some sort of an audit and he was owed 18 pennies.  They sent him a check.  This was reported to social security, and he had to fight to get VA from taking his benefits.  

source:  https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/campbell-county-man-s-va-benefits-cut-due-to-18-cent-income/1733834166

Make no mistake.  Va is looking for a way to shaft you.  Dont give em one.

That's right in my backyard.  As for Buck, he has changed his opinion that we should send in the form on our anniversary every year because he cannot find it in writing that you do not need to.

• HadIt.com Elder

vetquest is correct  I had a change of opinion.

Alex ''mention that we don't need to send it in  it says so on the form''..., but after reading the form more closely   I think its best if IU Veterans send in the 21 -4140 on or close to their Anniversary date every year.

Unless a IU Veteran receives a letter from his/her R.O. Letting them know they do not need to send in this form va 21-4140 anymore and explain why then yeah we don't need to send it in  and you have this letter as your evidence. (just incase they send you a reduction letter for this reason)

I Do recommend all IU /TDIU W/P&T send in this form every year.  Normally most of us send it in on our Award Date  but as l long as you send it in  is the most important  Always send it with a sign return reciept and keep the receipt in a safe place   that you can get it any time you may need it.

Never under estimate the VA!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I Sincerely Apologize if I have led Veterans to believe they don't need to send in the 21-4140 Employment Questioner .