VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I am amaze! Hoping for a great outcome!

Rate this topic

Patton

I filed for an increase (from 10% to 30%) for GERD on February 16, 2019. Since I received a DBQ and NEXUS letter from a Private Doctor, so I did file it under a fully developed claim. I checked eBenefits today and it states  "Preparation for Decision" with an Estimated Completion: 03/08/2019 - 03/21/2019. I am lost for words, but this could be settled in under a month? When I was service connected for GERD, it took almost 3 years. Has anybody had a claim completed so quickly?

You are getting pretty excited about ebenefits, and that is likely premature.  If you get the decision, quickly, please post it!  Ebenefits, especially the dates, is notoriously unreliable. 

I have never had a claim settled without a C&P Exam. I am pretty sure that it will be returned to Gathering of Evidence and I will end up having a C&P Exam. Just wishful thinking. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

I had a claim for neuropathy settled without a C&P exam.  They made a major grant in my favor.  I do not know why they awarded without a C&P unless they considered the evidence in my favor so overwhelming, which it was.

Edited by vetquest

• 1 month later...

Well it took a little longer than a month, but in the end the VA granted me 30% for GERD's. They did use the DBQ from my Private Doctor.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use